Seafire F.XVII

I'm very late on this build and I've clearly been missing a lot.

FANTASTIC finish! All around great looking kit. Looks like this is going to be an award winner!

Thank you all very much ,I really do appreaciate the kind words :)

Before I go too far with the next stages I thought I'd show you what I use for my panel line washes and for general dirtying up of the aircraft .

The stuff I use is an acrylic wash called Pro-Modeller ,it comes in a range of colours ,but I like the Dark Dirt for bringing up the panel lines .

DSCF3384.jpg

You can find this stuff here .... http://www.florymodels.co.uk/washes/.

It couldnt be simpler to use and doess make a vast difference to the look of the aircraft . The wash is just brushed on ,left to dry ,then rubbed of ,you can use it to dirty up the panels too ,just depends on how much you put on ...or take off .

Below I took two pics to show the difference ,the top pic is the clean side of the fuse ,not yet done And below is the other side which I have done ....

DSCF3684.jpg

DSCF3682.jpg

So there ya go ...simples ,some of you probably already know about this stuff ,but I thought I'd show it for those that dont.
Now Im off to do more washing ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

I know I keep saying it Chris, but, she is one beautiful model you have there!!! :eek: Great work!!! ;D

That wash looks the Biz!!! Thanks for the link.....going to check on it!! ;)

Thanks mucker :)...yeah the link is worth a look at ;)

Chris.

Thanks Q , yeah it makes the job very easy too ;D

Chris.

I've been wanting to try Pro-Modeller wash for a year now. Guess what I forgot to put on my want list when I was at the IPMS/USA Nats? ::)

Thanks again fella's :) ECH..Thanks for that ,I didnt know who carried the Pro Modeller over there thats why I just put a link in where I get it ;)

Moved on a little more ,the whole fuselage and centre section is now done ,the fuel tank and undercarriage fitted and some exheaust staining added (not too much ) .The canpoy is on set in place for the pics ,thats why it looks a little off !

The underside I didnt over do here .This version has the Griffon engine fitted which apparently didnt leak oil as much as the Merlin ,so I just made things a bit grubby :)

DSCF3688.jpg
DSCF3689.jpg

And a few more shots of the topside before the wings go on ;D

DSCF3685.jpg

DSCF3686.jpg

DSCF3690.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

I've said it before, but this looks great Chris. The thing I really find amazing is just how fast you're progressing with it and pulling the whole together. Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks JMac ,Im currently not working as Im awaiting an operation ,so I've got a little time on my hands and its either modelling or watching the box (telly) ...no competition really !

Chris.

Thanks Q .

Got the first wing on tonight ,bit fiddly as there is a very small contact area plus you have to put the tie rod on at the same time ,got there in the end tho......

DSCF3691.jpg

DSCF3692.jpg

I'll finish up the canopy then get the other one on .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back