Seafire F.XVII

Jusr finished with the spinning bits T ,get pics up after my dinner ;)

Chris.

EAT FASTER CHRIS!!!! ((LOL)) Just messing with ya!! Need to eat lunch myself!!! Boots wake up yet??? Must have a bit of a hangover this morning!!! ;D

Thanks Whiskee ,glad you like it fella :)

T (((lol))) ,havent heard from Boots yet mate ...probably be about tonight ,he needed a bit of a blow out ::)

Anyhooo....moving along .....props and spinner I gotta say Airfix have done a real nice job on these bits ,even though the props are not correct for this aircraft ,they do look the part ;D

DSCF3674.jpg

DSCF3675.jpg

And of course ,we have to have a look at it in place ;D its not fixed on here ,I'll do that after the weathering. You can also see the undercarriage is set in place ,again not fixed on yet :)

DSCF3676.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Eastrock ,sorry buddy ,missed you there :) I am joining the GB, but I'll be doing a 1/32 Arado 196 ;D Thanks for the comment .

Chris.

Chris S said:
Thanks Whiskee ,glad you like it fella :)

T (((lol))) ,havent heard from Boots yet mate ...probably be about tonight ,he needed a bit of a blow out ::)

Anyhooo....moving along .....props and spinner I gotta say Airfix have done a real nice job on these bits ,even though the props are not correct for this aircraft ,they do look the part ;D

DSCF3674.jpg

DSCF3675.jpg

And of course ,we have to have a look at it in place ;D its not fixed on here ,I'll do that after the weathering. You can also see the undercarriage is set in place ,again not fixed on yet :)

DSCF3676.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

That My Friend, is simply a thing of beauty!!!!!!!! :eek: Those props are just killer!!! Now I know why Boots was letting off some steam...LOL.....that's it, need to go find my butterfly net now!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(((lol))) Thanks T ,Dont think you got much to worry about tho' ...Mr Best of Show ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks Ken ,I appreciate that buddy . ....Wont be clean for too long ;D

Chris.

Thanks Whiskee ,dont worry tho' I'll not be going overboard ,just whats needed so to speak ;)

Chris.

Thanks JMac ,theres always room for another ;D

Fumblethumbs,thanks ,and yes I am impressed ,if someone had given me this kit without the box ,I would never guessed it was Airfix ,the 'new' releases have came a long way .Go ahead and try one ,you wont regret it :)....very cheap too !

Chris.

Awesome!. How did you keep your yellow so... er... um... yellow? :D Bright yellow is always a challenge.

Thanks Shutterace ,yeah Yellow can be a problem sometimes ,especially if brush painted . The trick is to take your time ,light even coats ,I use the Airbrush ,so its a bit easier to control ,but just keep building up coats untill you're happy ,then a few coats of Klear/Future . Another tip with the Klear is ....Klear is actually a polish ....and being a polish it reacts well to a good buff ,when my Klear is dry I give it a good buff over with some soft tissue ,it helps bring up a nice smooth finish ...Like the spinner ;)

Chris.

Hi folks :)

Well I've got all my decaling finished ,which means Im ready for panel washes & weathering before putting it all together ....

DSCF3679.jpg

DSCF3681.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back