Seafire F.XVII

Im doing the wings folded on this one ,thats why I may get another to do both ;D , you do get two full sets of wings in the kit tho' ..including two full sets of flaps.

Chris.

Thanks buddy ,glad you like it :D,the grey will change a bit in the next few stages ;)

Chris.

That is certainly looking sweet my friend!! Just waiting on the next stage of paint!!!!! 8)

Thanks T ,I wont keep ya waiting too long ;)

Chris.

Ok then ....Sorry for showing what looks like the same pics again ,but I thought I'd show the difference in the grey after a few coats of Johnsons Klear . The klear has darkened the colour a bit ,which is what I want it to do . The Grey is ment to be Dark Sea Grey ,but starting with that colour ,then klear and washes ,oils etc will make it very dark ,so I mixed a lighter shade to start with ,so that after the next few stages it will darken to about the right colour .....well thats the plan ::)

DSCF3664.jpg

DSCF3665.jpg

DSCF3666.jpg

So we're ready for decals and details :D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Hi Ace ,thanks for dropping in buddy . It is a nice looking thing aint it ....nice lines too it :)

Chris.

A few more parts ready to play with ;D

Wings ,tips and centre line fuel tank .......

DSCF3668.jpg

Chris.

Thanks you very much fella's ;)

Got a little more done today ,but didnt have much bench time :(

Sorted the exhausts . In the kit they come molded solid so they need drilled out to make them presentable ,once that was done they got a coat of black ,then dry brushed with copper ,I went a little heavy here cause most of the colour will disappear when the sooting starts .

DSCF3670.jpg

DSCF3669.jpg

Then it was on to some decaling ...still loads more to go on but its a start ,I've got both side of the fuselage up to the same stage .

DSCF3672.jpg

DSCF3673.jpg

DSCF3671.jpg

By the way ,If any one wants to know how I get the sharp edge on the paint , I use 3M Fineline tape (blue) the stuff used for painting cars .I find it much betterr than Tamiya tape ;)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

That looks absolutely amazing Chris! Almost makes me wanna go buy one!! The pipes, the line, the decs...Lions and tiger and bears.............................................Oh My!!!
A real gem Chris!!! ;)

Thanks buddy :).....Hang on ....Lions ,Tigers & Bears ??? I think you been on the sauce tonight ,not just Boots eh !! ;D

Chris.

Thanks Q .....Spending a bit of time getting the props and spinner sorted ,maybe get more pis up later :D

Chris.

LOL...no sauce there Mr. S (should have), just a odd reference! ;) How it going???? props, props, props??? 8)

Latest posts

Back