1/32 Revell Seafire Mk1B

BlackSparrow

Hey guys I am new here but I watched you build quite some time now...
So I thought why not post something I am building. However I am not that much of a writer so I will just post some pictures of what I am doing at the moment.

This is the Seafire 1/32 from Revell. A very old kit but I always wanted to try a 1/32 ;D ;D
The kit itself has a detailed engine unfortunately the cockpit is not well done so I will try to do some scratch building... which also is the first time.

Thanks for watching 8) 8) Comments are more than welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey, BlackSparrow, welcome to the "Nut-House". Glad to have another builder of models join.
Project looks interesting. Large scale, huh, not done many myself. Though this SeaFire looks
promising. Keep at it. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future. Bill

Welcome. Good start on the Seafire, looking forward to more up dates.

Welcome to the herd.
I love WW2 planes in large scale. Count me in!

Cheers!

Hey guys, thanks for the comments ;D

@PANZER
Yeah, me neither this is my first large scale I am usually more into 1/48 I like to compare WWII planes with modern jets just to see how the size of those beasts changed over the years... but since the Spit is my fav. warbird (well in this case it's a seafire) I wanted to do a 1/32.

@FlipFlop
Me 2... did you do many of them?

So I managed to do a little something on the plane... here is the update:

Did some scratchbuilding on the trim-wheels and I wired it up a little. I also made some seatbelts with gift ribbon.

Thanks for looking

BTW anybody knows how I can get the pictures up to the forum a bit better? I don't like to attach them all the time.

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

Office looking good, keep it up!
I did few when i was younger, but in last 2 years since i came back to the hobby i haven't done anything in 32, mostly 48. I have one 1/28 SPAD XIII and 1/32 MiG-21 in my small stash of 7-8 models, everything else is smaller...

Thanks ;D well to be honest I am not that happy with it. I usually spray my planes with the airbrush but somehow I think I am doing something wrong my airbrush seems to make fun of me. At the begining it is good. but then there is no paint coming out. Only if I stop spraying paint and pull the handle back. It will spray one drop and then then nomore. Do the same again and again. Is my paint to thick? Or is it dirty? I don't know. I always clean my airbrush. (it's just no fun anymore)...

Well so I am painting my models with an ordinary brush at the moment.

@FlipFlop
NIIICE A MIG!!! Always wanted to do one... since everybody is doing F-18's (nothing wrong about that did one myself) but you know.. it has worn off a bit. What do you do with your models. Show them or give them to relatives as a gift? I am running out of space to put them....

I had the same problem when i started using Vallejo - first 5 minutes everything is nice but after it starts spitting paint. I think that color starts to dry inside the tip or something, but i didn't have problem with Gunze for an example... Airbrush masters, please help us! ;D

MiG: Yeah, 21 is my favorite plane of all times, can't wait to start working on it but i don't have enough skill at the moment. You are right about F-15s/16s/18s, everyone does them and for me personally - i subconsciously don't like them because my country was bombed 12yrs ago by NATO.

Second q: I display them (for now) and i will probably be making some kind of small shelf for my models soon.

;)

@BlackSparrow;
Nice work on the cockpit.

Your AB problems could be a number of things - what brand of paint are you using? What are you thinning it with (some paints react adversly to some thinners - Vallejo and ModelMasters do not mix with IPA for example) and to what consistancy (thin down to the consistancy of milk)? What needle/nozzel size is on your AB? Finally, what pressure are you using?

@FlipFlop - I AB with Vallejo Model Color all the time now (Vallejo has replaced Tamiya as my go-to paint). Took a while to get over the learning curve, lots of guys here on the forum lent me assistance also. I find that I really need to thin Model Color down a lot (depending on the paint color about 3-4 thinner: 1 paint). But if you go the Vallejo Model Color paint route be prepared to experiment until you find what works for you. I always use Vallejos thinner, and sometimes I add in a drop or two of Vallejos glaze medium, or a single drop of the paint retarder to help combat it drying on the needle. As a general rule however, I like Vallejos Model Air paints even better than the Model Color line, they are pre-mixed for the AB. I use them when I can, (and as a side note the Model Air paints actually brush paint really nice too). I buy my Model Air paints from Scott M. over at Elm City Hobbies.

BlackSparrow said:
BTW anybody knows how I can get the pictures up to the forum a bit better? I don't like to attach them all the time.

Could use Photobucket or similar photo sharing website.

Hope this helps.

JMac

Havent seen that kit before ,looks nice tho' !

Good start on it too ,looking forward to the rest of it . I'd agree with Jmac about the AB problems ,and again with the photos ..use photobucket ,flicker etc and copy & Paste the 'IMG' code to add a big picture .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back