Seafire F.XVII

Thanks again fella's

Well ,Time to wrap it up with the last set of pics ;D
The base ia a simple small picture frame ,some 800 grade wet & dry glued to a hard backing, Imasked up some white stripes ,then added some pigments to look like skidmarks and finally a few drops of dark coloured oil paints to add some stains .

DSCF3695.jpg
DSCF3696.jpg
DSCF3700.jpg
DSCF3702.jpg
DSCF3698.jpg
DSCF3697.jpg
DSCF3705.jpg
DSCF3704.jpg
DSCF3703.jpg

Thanks for looking, and for all the great comments throughout .

Chris.

Nice. :)

Your thread made it look easy. I like the wings up - looks good, but now you should build another wings down. ;)

JMac

Thanks JMac , dont worry ,that is on the cards ;) ;D

Chris.

Very nicely done.
Love the way she looks with the folded wings. Not a "normal" look for a plane model

Thanks fella's :)

Q, yeah ,I thought the folded wing would make a change from the norm ,it doesnt take up as much room either ;D

Looking forward to the GB now :D

Chris.

Thanks fella ,I appreciate the thumbs ;D

Chris.

Wow, thats a nice bird! You did well. I like the detail of the foldet wings. Hard to belive, its an Airfix model. Hats off :)

Thanks Mike & Chief , yeah Airfix have came a long way !..I will be doing a few more in the near future ;D

Chris.

Beautiful model, Chris, very very nice

(I believe that "todey´s Airfix" is not really "Old day´s Airfix"... I think I´ve readen somewhere that the name its owned by another brand or so, but their products are improving with a boost! )

Cheers,
RG

Thanks fella's

Jelly ,yes you are quite correct ,they're owned by Hornby I believe !...yes the railway people ;)

Chris.

Thanks Scott ,yes you're right ,forgot about Humbrol ..didnt know they had Heller too !

Chris.

Congrats Chris. You have entertained us all with that beautiful presentation and beautifully built kit. Top marks to you.
oh...by the way....Are those Decals the ones that came with the kit cause they seem to have settled down really nicely?
FW190

Thanks fella ,yes the decals are those from the kit ,they are very nice and settle in well with a touch of Sol .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back