Panther Ausf.....Whatever?

Great work as always, bit of an extreme wash putting it in with the clothes though!

WOW John...having a year of the "things that can happen to my models"!!! Broken ones, frozen paint...now this! But I agree with spud...still looks great!!! Nice save!!!

True, you've had a bit of a rough year with accidents...but really you're gaining tons of experience by it.

Silver lining.

John,

Forget about how the turret looks because you're killing it big time man...i think I saw you hitting that up with streaking this past Sept. in Danbury...using an AK product.

Anyway, my question was how are you depicting the road wheel attachment to the turret side? Is is 'bolted' on so to speak or was there another way that it would be attached?

Thanks,
doug

;D...Dougie...that would have been one heck of a trip for John...he is across the pond!! ::) Would have loved to see him at the show, but the wife would have killed him if he took off for the states!!! ;D I think I know what turret you might have been referring too...Ian Hamilton's Red Oxide version on the AK Interactive table!!! It was a looker too!! Eerily similar...LOL and they are about 3000 miles apart!!

Leighbo said:
Great work as always, bit of an extreme wash putting it in with the clothes though!
Ha yeah always experimenting eh?
TRM said:
WOW John...having a year of the "things that can happen to my models"!!! Broken ones, frozen paint...now this! But I agree with spud...still looks great!!! Nice save!!!
Don't forget when the roof leaked and I found my model floating! P.S that can be found in issue 2 of SMA magazine folks lol
Scott Girvan said:
True, you've had a bit of a rough year with accidents...but really you're gaining tons of experience by it.

Silver lining.
Thanks Scott but one amazing thing that happened to me this year wasn't an accident (Well I hope it wasn't ???) lol
dougsmodels said:
John,

Forget about how the turret looks because you're killing it big time man...i think I saw you hitting that up with streaking this past Sept. in Danbury...using an AK product.

Anyway, my question was how are you depicting the road wheel attachment to the turret side? Is is 'bolted' on so to speak or was there another way that it would be attached?

Thanks,
doug
Cheers! but sorry Doug that wasn't me mate I live in the UK, the road wheel is bolted on (thanks Spud ;)) you can see I've taken 3 bolt heads from a 1/20 Ma.K kit and used them ;D
TRM said:
;D...Dougie...that would have been one heck of a trip for John...he is across the pond!! ::) Would have loved to see him at the show, but the wife would have killed him if he took off for the states!!! ;D I think I know what turret you might have been referring too...Ian Hamilton's Red Oxide version on the AK Interactive table!!! It was a looker too!! Eerily similar...LOL and they are about 3000 miles apart!!
Would have loved to be there as well T with the rest of the gang but as you quite rightly say leaving my better half (as Scott calls her) at home seven months pregnant while I quickly nip off to the states wouldn't have been the best idea! I havnt seen Iain's turret I'll have to look it out, perhaps someone's got some pics?
Thanks guys might have another small update before the weekends over.
JS

"Don't forget when the roof leaked and I found my model floating! P.S that can be found in issue 2 of SMA magazine folks lol"

Oh Snap...forgot about that one!! :eek: Maybe you should do a floaty thing or too!! ;)

have'n troubles buddy i know where your coming from..but im not just been kind but i really do like the colour of the hull looks weathered and totally knackered,,,,

Thanks guys ;) It's all ok now though, spent some quality time in the old shed this afternoon.
IMG_5160.jpg
IMG_5164.jpg
As always guys thanks for looking!
JS

Thanks geegad :D
I've still got to paint the tools etc, finish of the exhausts, finish the mud, add the wheels, tracks, pigments and then all the fun add on extras. I'm sticking all sorts of spare tracks on it, ones from stug a tiger whatever of got laying around really lol. Should be fun :)

Dude, looking excellent. Glad to know you can still sneak off and get some work done. Especially with the little one. Selfishly, I Hope you can keep getting away, this thing is coming out great!

Excellent work mate ;D Very nice weathering ,love the primered turret .....very cool :)

Chris.

Wow. Stellar work. I think armor gives a modeler unique opportunities for deep, interesting finishes. You take every advantage of the opportunity and it looks great. Thanks for the study material and keep the updates coming. Congrats on the new baby, too! What a blessing. The baby, that is. :D

Thanks so much CG! It is a blessing for sure. Well I applied some mud effects last night I'll post some pics hopefully today when I get time to get the camera set up.

Latest posts

Back