Panther Ausf.....Whatever?

Allright guys here's the pic of the mud, I used Ak Pigments mixed with plaster and there excellent mud effects shot off a brush with the airbrush:
IMG_5177.jpg
Added some fuel stains ;)
IMG_5180.jpg
And spent an hour cleaning up and hand painting the wheel rubber:
IMG_5181.jpg
I'm hoping to get this at least all together (wheels track and turret) by christmas, time will tell!
Thanks for stopping by.
JS

Loving the weathering, especially the mud John

When you say you use plaster, is it just powder wall filler, or plaster of paris? I've got some AK mud & earth to use on my next project and wanted to know what to use.

Cheers mate

Cheers Spud, Leighbo it's plaster of Paris mate just mix it up with your AK mud effects (colour of your choice) and slap it on, once dry I stipple it a bit with a stuff brush ;)

painting rubber tyres is fun, ain't it? ;D

great mud application btw, love it, really looks very convincing!

Cheers

that colour looks amazing that ak stuff goes down well on this site...and the wheels look superb

Cheers guys really appreciate the feedback and comments. Another update shouldn't be too far away!

While Scotts been building Ive been watchin and building along as well, got the wheels on and the tools painted:
IMG_5212.jpg
IMG_5213.jpg
IMG_5214.jpg
IMG_5215.jpg

Beautiful work John!! Loving all of it!!! Been trying to get downstairs and get some more painting going...almost running around!!! LOL!! Keep it going over there!!! ;)

Cheers T, I'm thinking you should get streaming!
And thanks Spud, still flicking back and fourth between yours and mine checking if I'm doing things right lol, give me a Millennium Falcon or an X Wing and I could model them blind folded but things I know little about are sometimes challenging! Having a blast with this thing though ;D

Outstanding, hard to believe this is made of plastic, it genuinely looks heavy metal

J

Wow thank you guys! Made a start on an alpine figure, might have him standing on the turret?
2af7096b3c4774c1d9372e306dd4d431.jpg

Latest posts

Back