Panther Ausf.....Whatever?

Thanks mate ;) He's all done now, here he is standing on his mighty steed lol:
IMG_5233.jpg
IMG_5229.jpg
IMG_5223.jpg
IMG_5222.jpg
Cheers guys, just waiting for the tracks to arrive now.
Happy new year!
JS

Outstanding!! Excellent work on the fig John! And the tank! Looking forward to seeing her legs on!! Come on postman!! ;D

what did you do to the Barrel it looks like it has a frosty frozen look to it. Great job on the fig btw.

TRM said:
Outstanding!! Excellent work on the fig John! And the tank! Looking forward to seeing her legs on!! Come on postman!! ;D
Thanks T your too kind mate, and yeah hurry up postie!
Leighbo said:
Sweet ride, he looks very proud of it!
Yeah he does lol, cheers mate.
spud said:
what did you do to the Barrel it looks like it has a frosty frozen look to it. Great job on the fig btw.
Well Spud I could say it was a very well thought out idea but the truth is its primer overspray from the figure lol, but hey it does look like frost right?

Some solid work, and the look of contempt on that figure's face is just priceless.
Great build start to finish John

Ravhin said:
:eek: Can't wait to see this complete.
Cheers mate!
spud said:
LOL dont you love them ones :D
Yeah sometimes stuff going wrong can go right!
Myke said:
Some solid work, and the look of contempt on that figure's face is just priceless.
Great build start to finish John
Thanks Myke yeah he means business!
The tracks arrived this morning :D so I put them into a soapy bath and hopefully tonight I'll get cracking on putting them together zzzzzzzz lol
JS

Cheers geegad! I'm toying with the idea of making a muddy windy winter base for this.....

Hey guys just a real quick update with a bad pic from my iPhone but here's the tracks on ;D I'll be sticking these in AK burnishing fluid tomorrow.
-FD5A-4DE7-A045-7B3DFCF7B2EE-1261-0000017AE896E605.jpg

woweee, that figure is looking awesome and suits the Panther big time!!!! One to be proud of mate!

How did you obtain that realistic look on the leather btw?

just one small point of critique: if it's a crewmember of the Panther it's shoulder pads should have a pink outline in stead of white :)...but if you want you can just ignore my comment ;D, in any case it's an example of cool figure painting

Cheers

TRM said:
Niiiiiiiiice!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers T!
spud said:
ohh sweet,
Thanks Spud!
Wouter said:
woweee, that figure is looking awesome and suits the Panther big time!!!! One to be proud of mate!

How did you obtain that realistic look on the leather btw?

just one small point of critique: if it's a crewmember of the Panther it's shoulder pads should have a pink outline in stead of white :)...but if you want you can just ignore my comment ;D, in any case it's an example of cool figure painting

Cheers
Thanks mate, the leather jacket sort of went like this:
Vallejo Model air German Grey base coat (for some reason comes up a little glossy)
Games Workshop badab black wash
German grey again to feather the edges
Vallejo London Grey for highlights
And I won't be changing the shoulder pads mate, every second counts at the bench at the moment lol and I can't be revising stuff! Anyway he could have taken/borrowed the jacket from whoeve really, I tried not to get bogged down with the little bits hence the title 'panther Ausf...whatever?' lol

[
Ok guys got the body done in my lunch hour today lol (got to strike while the irons hot even if it means I don't eat my lunch), it's ended up with a Ausf G look to the camo but that wasn't realy intentional TBH. I kind of just eye balled it and let the airbrush do its thing lol. I do like what I've come up with (like not love).
IMG_5126.jpg
IMG_5127.jpg
I'm going to decal it next then onto the white wash, I want to try my hand at doing some tarps and covers or flags (mainly to cover my dodgy work lol). Hope you like it, gotta go there's nappies to change :p
JS
[/quote]

I love the way this is coming out. I have a question. How did you achieve this paint job? I have a Paasch H and a Badger Patriot but I can't seem to get the camo that you have here. Any guidence you r will to share would be outstanding.

Look forward to the completeion, the figure is first rate.

Hey Wyoroy, I used the badger velocity which has a fine spray. I dropped the pressure down and did the camo in many passes, tracing what I had previesly sprayed. Then I went over with the dark yellow to break up the patches...clear as mud?
And here's a quick update. Got the tracks on and added an Armour farm tow cable http://armorfarm.com/shop/tow-cable/ still a way to go yet not quite finished, and I'm sorry the pics are a little off, its rush rush at the moment!
IMG_5236.jpg
IMG_5238.jpg
IMG_5241.jpg

Latest posts

Back