Panther Ausf.....Whatever?

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys,
Well I know some of you know but the reason I've been lacking in the model posting lately is because
I've had a little boy! He's fantastic and me and mum are very happy.
I built this Panther Ausf A (Tamy 1/35) before little one arrived and I've managed an hour today to get it primed. I just wanted a cheap old kit that I can pick up when I have a minute and slap some some paint on it ;D This is going to be a Panther from my mind, I don't want to get bogged down with historical correctness, I'm just ganna shake my parts bin over it and see what lands!
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5113.jpg
I'll try and keep updates flowing but the time I'll get on this will just be spent on modelling rather than photography lol
MJ
JS

That's what we are talking about!!! Slap this kitty around "changing call sign" to JS ;D Who gives a rats butt about the historical stuff on this...you are getting into the shed and doing it!! Having some fun!! Little ones are awesome but do take a lot from us....sneak off when you can my friend!! Looking sweet!! Keep us updated when you can!!! ;)

Its all about building your own model, JS this would be awesome without any history buffs lol

Congratulations on your newest arrival, and your new son! :D That is great. (Seriously).

Im looking forward to paint.

Cheers and happy holidays,

Bill

Congrats there Daddy!! Glad to hear your all well. I like that attitude, "Just gonna shake my parts bin over it and see what lands!" Every now and then we all need to stop counting rivets and just build for the fun of it. And we all know how hectic life can get, especially with a new crew member on board so it's nice to see you can still sqeeze in a bit of benchtime.

spud said:
Great start john im looking forward to this 8)
Me too Spud!
TRM said:
That's what we are talking about!!! Slap this kitty around "changing call sign" to JS ;D Who gives a rats butt about the historical stuff on this...you are getting into the shed and doing it!! Having some fun!! Little ones are awesome but do take a lot from us....sneak off when you can my friend!! Looking sweet!! Keep us updated when you can!!! ;)
Thanks T I managed to sneak off today lol pics to follow..... ;)
Eastrock said:
Its all about building your own model, JS this would be awesome without any history buffs lol
Cheers mate, I'm all up for people doing builds right and getting details perfect (I myself often get hung up on details) but sometimes you just have to forget all that and get your creative juices flowing!
wds said:
Congratulations on your newest arrival, and your new son! :D That is great. (Seriously).

Im looking forward to paint.

Cheers and happy holidays,

Bill
Thank you Bill thats very kind :)
Bullet21 said:
Congrats there Daddy!! Glad to hear your all well. I like that attitude, "Just gonna shake my parts bin over it and see what lands!" Every now and then we all need to stop counting rivets and just build for the fun of it. And we all know how hectic life can get, especially with a new crew member on board so it's nice to see you can still sqeeze in a bit of benchtime.
Cheers dude ;)
panzerace007 said:
Congrats on th New Arrival !!

Run with this Panther !! Shake that parts bin Brotha' !!
Lol Cheers Erik \m/ 8)
Wouter said:
always good to see a Panther build! Great primerjob so far!

Cheers
Thanks Wouter!

So I managed to get out to the shed while my boy and his mum where with the family and visitors (they didnt miss me lol) and spent an hour giving the turret some red primer ;D First off I pre shaded the lot.
IMG_5117.jpg
Then onto the primer:
IMG_5121.jpg
IMG_5122.jpg
Also gave the barrel a spray with German Grey and highlights with medium grey.
The idea I'm going for is that this is just a mish mash of parts to get it back on the battle field quick. The body will be Dunkelgelb with camo patterns and a White Wash over it ;D
Hope you like it
JS

Beautiful paint work JS....Nice red Oxide coloring!!! ;) Glad to see you could sneak away for a bit!!!

Thanks again guys, I might even have another update before the weekends over ;)

Looking good John, I like the idea of a repaired tank with the oxide primer.

Dunkelgelb ? I,m sure it's German for something...lol

rookie said:
Looking good John, I like the idea of a repaired tank with the oxide primer.

Dunkelgelb ? I,m sure it's German for something...lol
Sorry mate Dunkelgelb is pretty much dark yellow, and thanks for the comments.
letsgobrowns82 said:
Congratulations, I remember when my son was first born. Its an awesome time, enjoy it.
Thanks buddy it's just wonderful ;D
geegad said:
nice one john looking quality llove that red or red brown
Cheers geegad appreciate it mate.

First of all congrats o the birth of your son. And also great progress on the Panther. I like panthers and your ideas sound really good. Would love to see it with it's paintcoats on. Will look awesome with all the parts in a different color. The primerred already looks the part.

Latest posts

Back