Panther Ausf.....Whatever?

John, this looks fantastic. Love the camo work on the hull. I like watching a scheme come together. They always look so harsh but its amazing what weathering can do to bring colors together. The primer turret is a nice touch. Later war, thrown together German tanks are some of my favorites. Ive bookmarked this for future reference. Keep the updates coming :). Oh, and i know how it is, my wife is going to give birth next week to my first boy. Gonna be a trip.

Thanks Dave! Wow all the best! It's a hell of a ride, say goodbye to modeling for a while lol.

No problem. Im sure modelling will go away for a bit but im going to try. Maybe during the maternity leave :). My two girls already do enough to keep me away.

Lol, and modeling is the last thing on your mind when you holding your baby. They even become part of your model (I put his initials and dob on the back of the turret!).

Looking great John, (only found this thread today....and heard your news, congratulations to you both,.....wow....a son)

I have 2 kids and really they are my life, best thing ever

J (John)

wow love the colour buddy and like the writing on it as well nice touch.and the colour difference between the wheel and the turret....keep it up

geegad said:
wow love the colour buddy and like the writing on it as well nice touch.and the colour difference between the wheel and the turret....keep it up
Cheers mate!
Eastrock said:
awesome paint job and do love the weathering, JS :D
Thank you!
Should have a small update soon, hopefully I can steal an hour this weekend!

Oh John! ;D

I still can´t believe that you are goin´ to allow that Panther to go out of home dressed that Sex-Pistol way? What does his mother says about it? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice color contrast & composition, John, "Mr Versatile" ;D ;D ;D ;D Thumbs up man !!! ;)
RG

Thank you so much guys. I had a bit of a disaster this afternoon, I put some washing out in the dryer that is in my man cave and accedently left the air vent inside the shed (rather than dangling out the window), an hour and half later I went to get the cloths out and to my horror the shed was like a sauna! I had two finished models along with the panther. All the pigments had evaporated on the finished models, some of the labels on paints had even come off!! It was so horrible looking at my wet models :'(
But never mind I opened up all the windows and luckily the weather held out this afternoon and it's pretty much dried out. I re applied the pigs to the turret (and chalk writing) gave the body a Wash from AK (dark yellow vehicles) and did some sponge chipping with Vallejo camo black brown. Sorry about the pics they were taken with my iPhone because the card sheet I normally use is now a floppy wet mess lol
8-D3CB-458A-8721-3AC4946ECCA2-108-0000000187BBCFA9.jpg
0-BF1F-42A9-A476-6054FF9815A5-108-000000019244F88D.jpg
C-A057-4A9A-BB10-C971A426305A-108-00000001998E362D.jpg

Lol yeah I know but what's the point getting upset its done now, you can see that the turret is still damp ::)
Worse things happen at sea! I should know I live next to it lol.

lol im not far from it my self :) and yer right no point but ild still be raging :D

Latest posts

Back