New Colonial Viper kit?

fblanton

Anyone happen to see Moebius doing a new tooled version of the Viper from T.O.S. 1978 BSG? Saw it on their Facebook page. Did not indicate what scale it would be but 1/32 is a good bet. Also indicated they are looking to a May 2013 release date.

Yes, Moebius now have the license for TOS Battlestar Galactica.

They will be doing a Viper Mk1, Cylon Raider and Battlestar Galactica herself for starters, all will be in the same scale as the their kits from the current series.

Yes 1/32 scale it is. I just came across a thread of this at SSM. It looks really freak'in nice!

Elm City Hobbies said:

They will be doing a Viper Mk1, Cylon Raider and Battlestar Galactica herself for starters, all will be in the same scale as the their kits from the current series.

And Revell released Galactica 2003 and Viper Mk. II and VII... Funny thing

That is nice. Man, I got a MKII in my stash I was gonna battle damage too...sigh.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

And Revell released Galactica 2003 and Viper Mk. II and VII... Funny thing

Revell Germany in Europe yes, they are just reboxes of the Moebius kits here in North America. They did the same thing with the Lonestar truck kits and will be doing the same with the Prostar truck kit once it gets released.

Revell reboxes the Moebius Kits? So, Revell and Moebius Kits maybe the same. I have both, but I had not the time to compare them. Stuck in trouble with that Roden Albatros Beasts :D

Revell and Moebius are not the same companies if that is what you mean, but Revell has licensed Moebius for some of their kits to be released in a Revell Germany box for the European market.

The BSG kits would be part of that. Moebius holds the rights to make models for the new BSG series, as well as TOS series, which they should have kits out for sometime in 2013, (and hopefully they get the rights to Blood & Chrome if it isn't included in the new series BSG license).

I think it is just a matter of of being able to offer the same kit to the European market for less money there, then having to import the actual Moebius boxed kits.

I just opened the Revell Viper Mk. II Box. It looks like the Moebius kit. Same Pilot figure and (wonder) A clear canopy :D

Yeah, I just bought the Galactica and the Viper Mk. II. It is nice, because prices for the Moebius stuff here are ridiculous and the Revell kits are half that. ;D

Latest posts

Back