Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)

Thanks Q, spent most of yesterday working on me guns ;D

John, the bottom is in the middle of getting a new skin, should have some photos later

The main pain is creating the orientation of the 4 large landing gear doors that hang down at the back:
falconmcquarrie-0000.jpg
406034535.jpg

I also need to create the arms on the mandibles.......no time left

John

it's looking good J, whether or not it's done by the end of the week almost doesnt matter...this is really an awesome project. the guns look like a good choice, too. well balanced design...

Thanks Grendels, I don't think I can make it.....but the in-flight idea sounds good

Thanks Nicholas, the dead-line has really helped me get this far, it normally takes me ages to get anything done, not like you guys :D

Heres a view of the new skin on the underside, just paneling to do ::)

The open area is where the landing gear comes (I think rotates) out
Underside1.jpg

& the gear doors closed, I'll be making individual doors when gears are down
Underside2.jpg

Night
John

I just read that Scott has delayed the contest's finish until June 7th...Maybe that will give you enough time to finish her!
;D

I really love the way this looks. You've really captured how McQuarrie painted it initially. Now that you have an extra week, I'm sure you'll be able to finish it up enough to have it ready! We're all pulling for you bro!

Thanks for the comments guys, the extra week has helped no end, it also ended up being a very busy week in work, with tiredness & having to bring a work computer home to do some graphics, I'm feeling frustrated that I'm not using this extra time to it's full, thats why I haven't posted any updates.....I have been working on the underside, but haven't had time to photo.......anyway heres what I've been up to:

I re-did the radar dish, this is the redundant Finemolds 1/72 (I bought a larger one for my FM Falcon off Scratchy)
NewNewDish.jpg
Top Shot.....dish & Turret still not painted:
Topshot.jpg
Some panelling & the Gear Bays:
Below4.jpg
Closer on the gear bays:
Below3.jpg
Below2.jpg
Below1.jpg

More to do, more to do
John

wow!!! john the top looks AWESOME!!! the bottom, too!! can't wait to see the same treatment there! just a few more days!!!!

Thanks guys, hopefully get a bit done tonight

John, I made the dish originally with the kit's part, I thought it looked a bit small so I increased it's circumference.
Every time I looked at it I could clearly see the difference of the original part & the stuck on 'enlarger' piece, it just annoyed me.....the Revel's dish is exactly the same size as the undersized FineMolds one.....so basically its back to the original size

J

Cool man, I just noticed the underside rear looks like the Outrider 8). Cool as Beans. Even if you don't finish the paint job underneath still submit it man. It looks so bad ass.

Some more of the underside etc, some of this Im not happy with & might go back & re-do

The ramp is temporary, I like the extending ramp in RMQ's paintings, I made this a a test, but I think whoever would be boarding would bump their head halfway up the ramp:
tempramp.jpg
The gear doors.....made quickly & it shows, I'll remove these & ensure all are the same angles:
flaps.jpg
tempramp2.jpg

The time is up for the competition, but it unfortunately worked out that I was very busy at my day job & I even had to bring a works computer home to do graphics, very frustrating.....two deadlines, I submitted pictures of the (sort of) finished areas.

Good luck to all the entrants
Thanks for looking, John

Latest posts

Back