Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

Thanks guys ;D
Well I've got the 'command post' done (not the sandbags and grass) added some flock to the roof, some more AK products and shot it some Vallejo matt coat:
IMG_2828.jpg
Also pretty much built (if a little messy :-X I think I may be starting to rush this.....) the captured french armoured supply carrier:
IMG_2831.jpg
And started out getting a feel of where stuff is going to be placed:
IMG_2833.jpg
Its on a pretty small base because I simply dont have the room to display it. I'm not overly thrilled with how it looks but I'm not dissapointed either, I think it will work. What I want to know from you guys is, is it worth adding that French carrier? I like how small it is, it really shows off the monster scale of the Tiger but when all the drums, ammo boxes, shells, people, guns, dogs, cats (yeah realy) are going to put on will it just look like a crowded mess? I suppose the only way to find out is just to crack on with it eh?
Commenst are very much welcome. Thanks for looking!
MJ

Big Kitty cat and a little mouse :) i think you should drive on with it and see once you start adding bits, I think it bay over crowded but once its all together it may look Cool

Cheers Spud Gun. I think you may have come up with a new title 'Cat and Mouse'. :)

Wow, take a gander at that roof! You should just submit that as an entry and call it finished!

Or, you could call it 'Tom and Jerry' :D

Ha yeah nice idea fruit, and I dunno what catergory I'd enter the shed in lol.
So I've got some colour on this little 'mouse'. I went with the dunklegelb, the pictures that jelly posted (thanks again by the way) look great and it's a nice interesting camo. Getting the thin lines was a challenge but I'll let you be the judge.
Paint process was, pre shade, tamiya's khaki, dark yellow, and then buff to highlight:
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg

It's a tough call MJ. I'm thinking it may get a bit cluttered but I like your idea of just working through it and figuring it out. With your feel for things you will definitely know what looks the best.

Thanks for the much needed input guys, yeah I'll just plod along and see how it turns out.
Got the armoured transport finished, not over done on the weathering. I gave it a brownish yellow filter using oils and then a wash using Ak Interactive wash for yellow vehicles. Then some streaking grime and some sponge and Vallejo black camo chipped paint treatment. All the tools and chain etc were also painted with vallejo paints:
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2852.jpg
Let me know what you think, thanks again for commenting, it means alot.
Cheers,
MJ

Ohhh Incredible, hard to believe thats the same wee model you had in your hand on the previous page, you are a master of the craft!

You should get a book published, and..more videos

J

Wow! You sure know how to paint like a master - I mean the weathering and everything is just top notch.

I agree with Jaitea, book + more videos please! :D

Fantastic work John !!! ,That looks the doggys mate :) You aint hanging about are ya !!

Chris.

Thanks guys your too kind, a book??? Dunno I can hardly write posts lol
Got some aves down on the base and fixed the shack down:
IMG_2854.jpg
I made impressions of the tank tracks and stippled the aves a little. I'm just sort of doing this as I go along realy, this is my first proper and I'm trying to let it build itself

Latest posts

Back