Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

Thanks Java.
Right actually making some progress, I think (hope) this will be done by deadline.
IMG_2867.jpg
The stoney road sucks. But it doesnt matter because the Tiger completely covers it:
IMG_2857.jpg
IMG_2859.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg
Theres still loads to do, I'm going to try my hand at rusting up some stuff, barreles etc some are done, I followed TRM's great SBS but I'll show them off tomorrow if I get a chance to do some other bits and bobs.
It would be great to hear your thoughts on this chaps.
MJ

Looks pretty much done to me! Looks Great! ;D

If you don't mind me Asking? What's with the White background Ascepticised pictures? Is tht the New SMA approved Standard?

Just pulling your leg! BTW

The Tankette could park on top of the Tiger and they wounldn't even notice!

looking good Mj that little is Really tiny its almost cute its so small :D

Thanks Spud, yeah it is wee. Once I get some figures standing around it should tie together.

Cheers Bizarre. Here's some barrels, you've got me over a barrel, a barrel of laughs etc.
IMG_2870.jpg
And a rusty old wheel:
IMG_2875.jpg
I've moved onto the figures again now, and I'm struggling to find good refrence for the tank drivers uniform and commanders. What colour should the medals be on the commander?
Cheers guys.

Sweet MJ, Its looking awesome the difference in size between the two vehicles really stand out!

You can turn your hand to anything! Another winner I think

army-panzer-uniforms-07.jpg

Should help a bit! It depends what it is..... Research it a little more!

Buddy!

Thanks Norm thats really handy, I got him finished off what do you think?
IMG_2879.jpg
Again I think this really gives scale to this big kitty:
IMG_2878.jpg

Look at MJ's deliberate figure choice, a smug grin to all the competitors! [I say I am on a roll with these complete failure jokes!] ;D

Now we know the quality is obviously over 9000.

But!

The question is, does the Cat accept milk?

;D thanks guys your too kind. I've just gotta find some camo refrence for the crew now, google images pics are just too small. I realy need a paint guide....

merseajohn said:
;D thanks guys your too kind. I've just gotta find some camo refrence for the crew now, google images pics are just too small. I realy need a paint guide....

Periscope depth ;D

How are the crew figures, Mersea??It would be useful to be able to take a look at them... wich kind of uniform do they have?? (overall, two piece fatigues, etc) I have some references (for Normandy battlezone-era) for painting dot-pattern crews. I think I have uniform references about the 12th Pz SS Div, wich were almos universal for SS elite panzer units...

:) Ok, Mersea, I´ve made a compilation of pics / items from the web from here & there.

REPRODUCED WITH DIDACTIC PURPOSE ONLY:

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

So after all, if I´m not wrong, ALL the patterns that can be seen in the pic (link) that you´ve shown me are right. Also, take in counter that you can combine freely any camo pattern.

:D And I strongly recommend to you to take a look at those two excellent teaching videos:

Nº5 (from minute 8:40 onwards):
Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H + Diorama Tutorial 5/6 SP-18

Nº6:
Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H + Diorama Tutorial 6/6 SP-18
Cheers, Mersea,
you´re creating a little beautiful dio,
RG

Latest posts

Back