Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

Wow, MJ, You've absolutely blown me away with your recent progress on this project!
Unfortunately, I haven been able to check in time the forum updates lately, so the last thing I had seen in this topic was your painting the big tank's hull.
I guess You can imagine my feelings when I've opened the topic today and looked through the news :)
All thiscwhat I see here is nothing less then OUTSTANDING!!!
Bravo, buddy, this is going to be a real show-stopper!

MJ ,

This ain't nothin' but Money Ma' Brotha' !! I'd say as far as th figures go ... Schweinhund & Jelly set you straight !! There was a great mix of Uniforms for th Kommander , crew usually stuck to th Black or th Pea-Dot & /or a mix of two. That's a great time for th German camo ! You can mix or match. But there were .... ;D exceptions to th rule .... it could break down on a Unit level all th way to th individual crew, but then again it's all fair game . Although th Reed Green Panzer jackets usually denoted an SPG Unit , Stug crews .

But I say Roll on with it Brotha' !! Bangin' !

Thanks again for the advice with this guys, couldn't have done it without your help cheers ;)
Got the other happy little nazi done (still got to add the cigarettes to them :-X):
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
I'm pretty happy with the outcome of the trousers, I do need more practice though. Yet again iv found new respect for the artists that do the camo on these tiny figures.

Hey John ,great figure painting !! looks great mate ,the camo on the tousers is sweet !

Chris.

Cheers Chris, that means alot coming from a figure painting guru like yourself ;)
Not sure if I'm giving the figures a break for a few days and concentrate on some more extras?? But I will have another update soon guys.
Cheers,
MJ

Just catching up on this thread and wow, there's alot to catch up on! Great work MJ, you're figure painting is fantastic dude! Great work on the dio I love it!

MJ, it's official, i hate you. ;D,
do your talents know no bounds, and don't even think of sqeezing in a 4th build or that's it mate, i'll have to send the boys round to break some fingers ;D

The leather jacket on the 'happy Nazi' looks like real leather, simply outstanding my friend

I am not worthy 'O' master

Gag
(ps i don't realy hate you, dislike yes, hate no. You talented bugger you)

Igard said:
Just catching up on this thread and wow, there's alot to catch up on! Great work MJ, you're figure painting is fantastic dude! Great work on the dio I love it!

Thanks Igard, appreciate it mate ;)

The Nylon Gag said:
MJ, it's official, i hate you. ;D,
do your talents know no bounds, and don't even think of sqeezing in a 4th build or that's it mate, i'll have to send the boys round to break some fingers ;D

The leather jacket on the 'happy Nazi' looks like real leather, simply outstanding my friend

I am not worthy 'O' master

Gag
(ps i don't realy hate you, dislike yes, hate no. You talented bugger you)

Ha HA Cheers mate I'll take that as a compliment lol.

Ok so when i started this dio I thought "few no more Led's..." I just had to do it....
IMG_2907.jpg
IMG_2908.jpg
Ive installed a 5mm Flickering Led (taken from a naff xmas decoration) running off 2 aa batteries. Here's a little vid showing it off, now whos got the sausages?
Command post dio SMA Contest entry 2012 Oil Drum Burner

:eek: What ? No Smoke !!! Come on ! where there Smoke ! there must be Fire ?? or vis versa!

LOL

Cool idea ! none the less !
Now wrap this up !!! you Model Making Machine !!! you !

Cheers guys, well I got it done (just) in time. Thanks so much for all the help and encouragement through this guys, really appreciate it ;)
Just 2 pics for you I'll save the rest for the final:
IMG_2947.jpg
IMG_2961.jpg
Well done to everyone that participated, helped out behind the scenes, sponsered and donated to this years contest, its been a lot of fun. ;D And thanks to Scott and the SMA staff.
Thanks for looking,
MJ

Latest posts

Back