Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
Category: Sci-fi

Name of Build: Command AT-ST

Kit manufacturer: Bandai

Scale: 1/48

Description
http://www.rebelscale.com/models/build-logs/bandai-at-st-review/

I modified this AT-ST to fit Kai Lim's artwork "Walker Assault". Among the modifications is a Snowtrooper commander, roof blaster turret, swapped side turrets with new armor shields, modified side blaster turret with 2 large barrels and power cable, triangular terrain scanners on either side of the chin, a roof-mounted spot light, and what looks like a winch under the chin. I also added brass railings for the cockpit, brass antenna, brass strips for the leg tensioners, new detail for the inner thighs, and rear cockpit hoses. Lastly, I added some battle damage to the front and sides with a blade and Dremel.

For the Snowtrooper, I used Wizards of the Coast miniatures that I kit-bashed for the body and arms. I used 1/35 figure hands to look like 1/48 gloved hands.

For the interior, I based it on Russian jet cockpits and created a greyish-greenish-blue shade. I painted all of the components and greeblies. Then I added filters and pigments to simulate dirt. I painted the figures with Vallejo acrylics and used oils to create tones on the all-white Snowtrooper.

For the exterior I used Lifecolor acrylics in a heavily modulated scheme, trying to break up the monotony of a single-shade of grey. I used a light grey for the sponge chipping. Then I went over the model with a very light filter of blue-grey. Finally, I spent a long time going in with oils to create more contrast, grease, dirt, streaks, fading, etc. I tried to make each panel stand out and look different. Even on the legs, I wanted to make different parts appear slightly different.

Final Images

command-at-st1_zpsl7rbnisi.jpg~original

command-at-st7_zpsfgjecjt0.jpg~original

command-at-st13_zps32kkurqr.jpg~original

command-at-st11_zpswfr2lxhx.jpg~original

command-at-st8_zpsqitstceg.jpg~original

command-at-st15_zpslszt6jkk.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back