Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

:) Hey Mersea, I just stepped in and what a surprise!! this model of yours is Top Nocht, awesome, man... :D

I can appreciate clearly the weathering steps you´ve follow, they are very well executed IMHO.

Just two questions, very simple:

1.- Exhausts top: have you sprayed / pigmented them with a "rust" shade? it seems so to me...

2.- Spare tracks (around the turret): Did you originally painted them black or greyish ? they seem a dark grey to me (before "rusting" them, I mean...)

Thanks in advance, Mersea... ;)
And again, congratulations, this is a beautifully weathered model, man... :D
RG

Mj a milestone crossed there with teh tracks and i see your hickup :p

the Ful tanks are located under this cross looking bolt thingy.

Hope this helps you in your search for the fuel tanks ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey Jelly cheers for the kind words, to answer your questions 1: AK black pigment was used around the exhausts and AK rust pigments on the exhausts themselves.
2: the base colour of the tracks on the aside of the turret were hand painted with Vallejo German grey then a coat of AK's rust pigment again but this time fixed with AK pigment fixer.
Hope that helps.
And cheers Spud, so I suppose when they wanted to fill her up they just lifted the hatches? I kind of wanted to add some fuel spillages. Would it look right if I added some fuel stains around that sort of cross thing (looks like a big screw) sorry how embarrassing I literally know nothing about armour lol, now filling up a millennium falcon that is easy lol

lol mj, i think they would have taken off the screw thing because if they wanted to fit the hatch they would have needed to take the tow cable off first and that prob would have been a pain in the ass so i say it wont do any harm ;)

Ok l'll leave at alone then lol, cheers Spud.
So this is pretty much done, I've added the aerial, some more pigments to the exhaust, the mud to the tracks (which is the same slurry I mixed for the splashed mud. AK Interactive Fresh Mud and AK Interactive water effects mixed with plaster but this time I added some grass flok to the mix). I also added a little bit more mud up the sides and front. Then I went in with a makeup brush sponge thing loaded with AK Interactive Dark Steel pigment and went over the tracks. Ill carry on with the dio but if i dont get it done this will go into the armour cat. Here's the pics:
IMG_2651.jpg
IMG_2652.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_2663.jpg
IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2676.jpg

:) Hey Mersea, TANKS ( ;D ) a lot for the answers, man...

... it definitely clarifies me some issues... ;)

The mud effect is beautiful... well everything is perfectly balanced !

:) Just for chatting, wich unit does this cat belongs to? are you going to stencil (or so) a divisional mark??

Cheers Mersea :)
RG

Thanks Bizzare, and cheers Jelly, I'm not going to put the numbers on the side of the turret and the Tiger fought at the Villers Bocage in France apparently, SS panzer-Korps.

merseajohn said:
Thanks Bizzare, and cheers Jelly, I'm not going to put the numbers on the side of the turret and the Tiger fought at the Villers Bocage in France apparently, SS panzer-Korps.

:) Ok, Roger-that, Mersea...

... so here you got a bonus ( ;D) : two pics taken by me in Normandy of a real captured Renault tankette, with german camo scheme... I suppose that they can be useful to you...

P1010033.jpg

P1010036.jpg

Cheers Mersea
RG

Right so I made a start on this pretty lame 1/35 Itelari command post. Just dry fitted here:
IMG_2680.jpg
I went in and cut round the raised part of the base to allow it to sit lower/flat to the base. Also gave it some paint in different shades starting from dark to light. I think I may need to hand paint some of the struts a bit lighter to deal with the washes etc
IMG_2681.jpg
The grass isnt going to stay like that I'll add some flock and mud..whatever I'll dirty it up Ive been having fun in the mud lately!
Let me know what you think.
MJ

Thanks Biskup, I got started on some heads today:
IMG_2710.jpg
They look better in person :-\

Masterful paintwork on the model MJ. Good start to the command post and the heads are looking very happy I must say.

Ha, thanks guys, yeah war's so depressing I thought I'd cheer my miserable lot up lol. Got some work done on the shack, I followed the world famous SBS by our very own talented Mr. Chris S ;D It can be found here:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,4284.0.html
First up the shack on its own:
IMG_2815.jpg
The weathering was done using Ak Interactive products:
IMG_2817.jpg
Next to the kit part:
IMG_2818.jpg
The walls and ground still have a gloss coat on and I havnt even started on the sand bags and grass yet, I'll introduce some splashed up mud on the sides due to rain and some grass/weeds growing on the roof. This realy is a lot of fun, doing something I've never done before is a real thrill (especially when it go's to your liking lol) thanks again for the nice comments, figure painting is still something I'm not that comfortable with so the nice words have given me a boost to revisit them tonight, cheers lads.
MJ

Latest posts

Back