Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

Great job mj, and once again you're rocking the build!

Nice choice of subject too in the Tiger, mus get round to one of these soon.

Look forward to seeing the dio come together

John ,this is fantastic work again mate . Hard to tell you're out of your comfort zone ! ....Do you have one ? ;D The Tiggy looks excellent mate ,but if I could advise one thing , paint the spare track links in rusty colours instead of black ,these were usually in raw cast steel and never painted ,so dark browns and rust colours would be best ;) Hope you dont mind me saying ...just trying to help :)

Chris.

Thanks for the all the lovely comments guys, and Chris thanks for the heads up on the links I'll get that sorted, I may go over it with some Vallejo brown then oils and pigs? Dunno I'll sort it though. At the moment I'm just hand painting all the tools and tow cables etc.
Should have some pics by the end of the long Jubilee weekend!
Cheers! Clink...... Hick up!

Looks outstanding, John!
I know close to nothing about tanks in comparison with the armor modeling guys, but what I see I enjoy a lot! The paintjob with this awesome fading effect is great, and I really can't wait to see this beast all together in the dio :)

Ok bit of a big update guys, I have basically been using AK Interactives streaking grimes, pigments, mud effects and washes and I gotta tell you that if any of you havnt been bitten by the AK bug now is the time to get some of there products, this is my second only tank and the weathering pretty much did itself lol. Anyway heres the pics for proof:
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2597.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2592.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
I also used Vallejo's German Cam. Black Brown 70.822 for the chipping applied with a sponge. Hope you like it, heaven knows if I'll get the whole dio done but if not this is just going to end up in the armour cat.
Cheers,
MJ

that cat is looking sweet mj, AK stuff is the tamiya of weathering ;D

Excellent stuff John ,love the weathering .Its hard to beat a big dirty Tiggy ;D I like the streaking on the top of the turret ..very nice .

Oh yeah ....Track links look spot on too :)

Chris.

Wow MJ, this thing looks amazing. I don't really have an interest in armour, but might be good fun to build someday. And a chance to finally open my AK stuff!!

Thanks guys appreciate it. Igard I was the same as you, I had no idea about armour but the fact that you can just run wild with the weathering is great. I recommend just picking up any 1/35 tank off eBay (probably under a tenner inc postage) and just go crazy with the AK stuff, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers chaps! Messed around a little more this morning, mixed some plaster with AK's Fresh Mud and Wet Effects (shot of a brush using the airbrush) to get some real dirty mud up the sides and wheels:
IMG_2609.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2613.jpg
IMG_2611.jpg
Hope you like the slow progress lol.
MJ

setting the bar very high here mj... Fecker ;D im not having much fun putting the upper hull on my panter the top is all warped :mad: super glue ambroid and clamps all in use on it ;D

Latest posts

Back