Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

Thanks guys your too kind. I've made the barrel and am now making some little extras here and there, update soon.

MJ that is great chipping you have on display there. You've really achieved the metal look beneath the paint.

Thanks for the comments on the chipped paint guys, I'm going to add the machine gun stand and I'll try and get some pics of the SBS on the chipping.
Anyway not a huge update at all but I got some new 'day' bulbs through the post today (thanks for the advice TRM ;)) and I wanted an excuse to take some quick snaps so heres the tow chain added to the front:
IMG_2621.jpg
And a rusty pile up top:
IMG_2624.jpg
Also got the barrel done, just german grey with a dark mig wash and some post shade with german grey & flat white, oh and the stripes where done by brush with a steady hand! :-X
IMG_2628.jpg
I'll try and get another update done by tomorrow night. I'm just delaying the inevitable really I gotta make a start on the tracks, I've done about six and I'm bored lol oh well only another 192 to do ::) speaking of track links.....how do I get the 'curve' and sag round the wheels? There doesnt appear to be a curved jig to follow in the kit?
Anyway hope lifes good with everyone and you like the progress, not long now boys!
MJ

Again, fantastic updates!, the rusty chains add even more realism! can't wait to see how the tracks turn out.

J

MJ ,

WoW Dude !! Lookin Hawt Boi ! Fo-Reals Playa' ! I dig it ! Smokin' job on th camo & th Mud FX ! Streaking .... the Weathering is bangin'. Great touch with th chains ! Th Kill rings are stella' Hand painted too .... Bonus points !

You mentioned th Track sag .... are ya using individual link or th rubberband trax ?

If you are using individual links ... you can put a run together that will get you around th sprocket & under th 1st. couple of roadwheels as well as past th tops of th same roadwheels. hit them with some Tamiya thin ( off of the Tiger ) & let it set for a few minutes ( sitting flat on th table). While they are still damp you can "mold" them around th sprocket & roadwheels . then once you are happy with th sag let them set up over night on th vehicle .... but DO NOT Glue them to th road gear. after they are dry you should be able to lift them off & them lay them on Their side. ....

or if you have th time check this lil' number out. it looks pretty cool ... and can be used with individual links or th rubber band trax.

HOBBYTRAX - http://hobbytrax.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_70&products_id=186

HTH , I'm lookin forward to th white wash Brotha' !!

Rock-On !!

\m/

I don't know what I'm more stunned by - the exquisite model or the photography!
[No joke, I mean you and Spud take such good pictures - lighting is all nice, pictures
are crisp... :)]

Now get crackin' on those tracks ;D [I hear that those links will slow you down...in your tracks - *budum tiss* ;D]

Thanks so much for the interest and nice words guys, Erik as always your a wealth of knowledge and a big help, I'm not going for a winter wash now though buddy. And fruit thanks for the comments on the photo's that's what I find the most annoying...not being able to show you guys what I see lol.

Right update time, finally got the £"$%&^* tracks on ::) not being an armour guy I'm not used to putting them on and I've gained a new respect for you guys that do. First off I sprayed a coat of flat black, then flat earth and finally a little highlight with buff. Next up a wash with AK Interactive's track wash (I didnt gloss coat because I wanted the matt base to absorb the wash to give them a stained look).
IMG_2638.jpg
Then at last the tracks are on, I'm actually really pleased with the look, (there's 1 or 2 hickups there if you look.....so dont look!)
IMG_2650.jpg
IMG_2648.jpg
Oh and got the gun bracket on aswell:
IMG_2643.jpg
So theres not much left to do, a few areas that could do with pigments, chipping on the front hatches, mudding up the tracks, steeling the tracks and it will be done ;D
I would like to add some fuel staines but I dont know where the fuel would go in (ducks while armour guys throw stuff at me...) if anyone could show me that would be great.
Hope you like the progress, cheers for looking and comenting.
MJ

Looks great John.
Do these lamps heat when working? Which power you ordered and what kind of stand they need?

Latest posts

Back