Merseajohn's FM millennium falcon 1.72

Wow MJ, I really don't think I've seen the Falcon painted anywhere better than that,....and it fills me with even more dread for my projects

The new dish just looks.....right, what were FineMolds thinking with the dish that small?

I'll need to contact Scratchy

J

Thanks Igard ;)
And J, don't fear the paint job mate it's a lot of fun really. Just go for it, I was really nervous about wrecking it, but you can always re-spray it if it doesn't go right. Don't know if this helps but the way I worked was once the base coat was on and the different coloured panels, start the weathering at the top turret then work out like a spiders web. And I know it sounds strange but don't use washes. I don't think I used a wash on the whole ship. Although I used mig washes for staining and creating the 'spattering' effect all over the ship (flicked off a toothbrush).
The ship is so big and has so much detail that it creates it's on shades and depth, suppose that's why they always look so nice primered. Remember less is more! Sorry for the essay I got carried away and I only mean this as a guide and how I did it, you have 2 stunning falcons Allready mate that I'm very jealous of lol!!
And yeah the new dish does just feel...."right" lol

Thanks for the advice MJ, I had an attempt at pre-shading a few days ago, my MPC looks like it has been down a coal mine at the minute, hopefully it'll look better when it gets it's base coat :D

J

I just pre-shaded my 1:72 FM the other day as well...didn't go well. LOL. Soooo..out came the windex and off it came! Thank god for acrylics!

This is always nice to look at. John you are a talented young man. Always look forward to see what you have coming down the pike.

MJ,
she's a beauty!
I wanted to say, "Don't go down that cave in that Asteroid, there's a Space Slug (tm) in there.)
lol
She looks perfect!
;D ;D

eh up buddy,is there any chance you can do me a big favour,i`ve looked at your build mym8 it`s very impressive,and i wish to see ya back legs so i can use them as my build referance if thats ok.any help would be appreciated cheers peza ;D

Didn't attach the feet mate sorry :-\ but I did paint them anyway all I've got are these pics:
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0577.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0575.jpg

Latest posts

Back