Merseajohn's FM millennium falcon 1.72

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, Since the re release of the fine molds 1.72 falcon quite a few WIP falcons have been turning up on different modeling sites, which is great because I get huge inspiration from you guys and get to look at different methods and ways to create, build and paint scale models. Being still quite new at scale modeling (just over a year) I'm constantly finding new tips and tricks and I'd just like to thank you guys and this site (especially Scott with his videos which taught me lighting, weathering and not to be too cautious just jump in with his "if it looks like crap just do it again!!" never give up attitude ;)) But seriously I really enjoy looking at everyones models. I'v never been to hot with building stuff and 3d work at school even home diy!!! so I do struggle slightly with the building part but thats not to say I dont enjoy doing it (even if I do glue my hands together). And I suuuuuuuuuuuuck at airbrushing not enough pressure, thinned paint to much, not enough, runs in panel lines, I could go on! but I think my biggest strength is the weathering thats what makes models come alive! Anyway I'll stop blabbing heres my falcon so far, cheers: http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/merseajohn/Fine%20molds172%20Falcon/

You're definitely going to town on that. The cockpit lighting is an excellent touch

Love the weathering on the laser turret and tunnel... WOW! the cockpit lighting.

Those rings look great, the two small lines were they done with a marker?

Awesome. Just love this build.

I just looked thru your photobucket. The cockpit lighting and engines - superb. The paint job, awesome so far - love the top of the cockpit tube.

What color did you use as a base color?

Thanks guys, you've really given me the push to get this finished (but I'm not going rush it!!) the base colour was a mix of humbrol 147 (light grey) & 28 (camo grey). I mixed them 50/50 which looked good at first but after it had cured it looked as if there was a green tone to it (grey primer undercoat Humbrol acrylic spray) so I gave it light coat all over with 28 camo grey. Which allthough has a creamy look to it I'm happy with it. To be honest you could go on and on forever, wish there was just a Millennium Falcon grey! Should be another update soon I'm ploughing through the landing gear. 8)

A Falcon grey would be nice. No man, don't rush but do continue. This will be a beautiful piece once complete.

Looking really good - your post is a bit messed up though - code everywhere. I cleaned that up for you.

Dig it !! Th Falcon is lookin' Great ! I agree , th Cockpit lighting & the afterburner lighting is Off-th-Chain !! Great build. Love th weathering ! Fantastic !

ERIK

Keep going mate, I am very interested in seeing how you go about your weathering. I wish I had the commitment to light mine but I am having to much fun with it OOB to be bothered :)
How do you find the mig pigments/washes? Are they better than home made?

Cheers guys, I find the mig pigments very good, allthough they are expensive they come in a large bottle so your not going to use them up in a hurry. They flow very nicley in the panel lines etc when you have a gloss finish, and they sort of 'stain' really well on a matt coat.

well done mate - keep going.

Would enjoy seeing some pics of the actual lighting and wiring inside the model

Latest posts

Back