Merseajohn's FM millennium falcon 1.72

Thanks so much again fellas, its actually done now :eek: I'll get some better pics done later this evening, in the meantime heres a little sneak peak of her being chased by our fav bounty hunter!
IMG_0899.jpg

Well its done! and what fun its been. Usually theres parts that dont fit, parts that are innacuarte it doesnt look right when youve finished it etc but this falcon has been a joy. It fits perfectly and is 98% accurate (which is good enough for me) At first I didnt know where to start! so many parts, huge box what colours to use (I spent days trying to find a match in tamiya for the base coat but in the end I went with humbrol) I had to learn weathering all over again. Usually I would just chuck a load of wash in every panel line, with this its the opposite. Once looking at the refrence photos the panel lines are sometimes brighter/less dirty than the panels (thats ILM for you).
Anyway thanks so much for the lovley comments and being so welcoming to me on this site. I dont think I would have been as thorough without your kind words. And thanks to my other half for buying it for me!! So here are the pics (sorry Scott theres a lot! ;D)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Hey Great work mate :)
I have a couple of questions, what were you using for your rust marks, and where can I get one of those stands? I like it a lot more than the stock kit stand!!
Did you use Migs pigments for all your weathering? Did you use pigments for the smoke streaks on the back of the falcon too?
Sorry for all the questions :)
Amazing work mate!!!

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! thanks for the comments,and Cheers nimrod, the stand was purchased from http://www.flightpose.com/
And here's a breakdown of the weathering,
stains: mig wash (or make your own enamel based wash)
shades/smoke from engines etc/burns/subtle streaks: pastel (sanded to a powder then applied gently with a number 2/3 brush blow excess dust away and repeat)
Oil streaks or thick streaks: tamiya weathering pack, wet a 0/00 brush and gently by hand paint a thin line
Spattering: Thick stiff brush dipped in neautral or grey wash and then flicked over the area or brushed out of the top of the bottle so it 'spits' over the model.
Deep shadows: Airbrushed tamiya xf 53 neautral grey thinned more than normal (around top turret/side walls/ engine grill etc

Hope this helps good luck and enjoy it!

Hi,
I don't know how I've managed to miss this one. You've done superb work on this falcon I just envy you your skills.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks again for the kind and funny comments ;)
While I was taking pics of my republic gunship contest entry I snapped a few of the falcon on display in my cabinet. Hope you like it!
IMG_1310.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous. That second photo looks like it's from the ILM tour. Amazing.

Wowww pretty !

I didn't think you could fit that Vessel in that Ikea Glass case !!! impressive !

maybe Now I can gather the WILL to start mine... now that I know it fits !!!

Great job buddy !

Latest posts

Back