Major surgery coming up

Made it home Thursday (March3rd) and dozed most of the evening. Moving ever so slowly at the moment but I can get around once I move. Not a lot of pain either considering the 37 staples and unknown number of stitches. I have significant swelling in the groin area which makes some things difficult. I'll be spending a significant amount of time sleeping the next week I think.

My last check ups went well, healing up a bit faster now that I'm on an antibiotic for my MRSA. I also found out that the plastic surgeon wants to do at least one more operation to get rid of even more tissue sometime in September. I should have healed up nicely by then and regained my strength. I hope I'll be up to making an entry for the contest this time also, but healing up seems to sap the imagination and drive to build.

BTW thanks for all the well wishes!

im glad your doing well, i remeber one time i had surgery on my finger, not fun.

Glad to hear you are better. If your energy to build is gone, get something simple to start with, you never know if that will jump start the old drive.....

It's been a year since my big operation. I had some rough times but also some good ones. The support from here was great and I thank you all.
Hopefully only one operation left to get rid of more skin and to rebuild. End of August/ early September it should happen.

Well,

Mmmmm... :( Those are battles that one has to face alone... I hate hospitals and all that stuff (but I go very regularly due to my father weak health)...

:) Come on, man, just one more and I understand that it´s "Mission Accomplished" :D

Cheers
RG

Thanks for the update, Gamer.
Glad to hear that the finish may be in sight for this

Found out I got gout. Had a trip to the ER because I've been favoring my gouty foot and it made my sciatic act up. 2 shots of morphine took the edge off and all I got at home is Ibuprofen. I wasn't bad enough they could keep me, too bad since I could have used a nice nap. I did get a prescription for the gout, gotta see my Dr sometime next week.

Gout. Sucky. I get attacks every once in a while. A few quick tips.

Eat Cherries. Not canned ones, real ones. They are a natural anti inflamitory and will help alot.

Drink ALOT of water. A gallon a day is great.

Avoid red meat (steak, burgers etc...) and seafood like the plague.

Eat more cherries.

Drink more water.

Trying to follow the advice but my sciatica is pretty bad at the moment, I don't want to drink too much as I don't want to have to go pee often. It just took me almost 10 minuted to get to the bathroom and back using a step stool as a walker. Plus I was on a vicadin at the time.

Latest posts

Back