Screwed up big time

I too am using Vallejo paints and I never thought of using agitators. I am so sorry for your mistake but really glad you posted it here for us to learn by. I like the idea of glass agitators.

Phil

I too am using Vallejo paints and I never thought of using agitators. I am so sorry for your mistake but really glad you posted it here for us to learn by. I like the idea of glass agitators.

Phil
Although it's a controversial paint, I really like Vallejo, especially because it's water-based. They are very resistant and you can spray a lot with very little paint. I use a 0,5mm needle and thin it with tap water and one or two flow improver drops.
Mistakes happen, thankfully not all paints were affected. I'll look for those glass agitators too!

Although it's a controversial paint, I really like Vallejo, especially because it's water-based. They are very resistant and you can spray a lot with very little paint. I use a 0,5mm needle and thin it with tap water and one or two flow improver drops.
Mistakes happen, thankfully not all paints were affected. I'll look for those glass agitators too!
Great mind's think alike. I use almost the same set up but 0.2 needle for camo and 0.5 for priming and base coat. Started with vallejo and just like them, you sort of get used to the different viscosity as never seems to be the same from bottle to bottle.
Pantherman

Great mind's think alike. I use almost the same set up but 0.2 needle for camo and 0.5 for priming and base coat. Started with vallejo and just like them, you sort of get used to the different viscosity as never seems to be the same from bottle to bottle.
Pantherman
Exactly... and I also like that sweet smell... :).. but, don't you get a lot of tip drying with a 0.2 needle? I found it hard to use even with a 0.3mm.. but as soon as I started to use a 0.5, all the problems were gone

Exactly... and I also like that sweet smell... :).. but, don't you get a lot of tip drying with a 0.2 needle? I found it hard to use even with a 0.3mm.. but as soon as I started to use a 0.5, all the problems were gone
I tend to do small area's to limit the time I work, say turret, next day hull then deck, wheels and so on. If it starts to play up I just stop and clean down all ready for another day. It probably takes way longer than it should do but it gives me a chance to see if I need to change anything in the camo design before I carry on. Also makes the build time longer between projects so I get to enjoy it longer. Try to work on maybe doing 4 to 5 a year, also keeps the cost down!!
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back