Major surgery coming up

I am so glad I'm bak too. I had a few bouts of ICU psychosis/ morphine dreams. At one point I swear they were waiting for me to die so they could divide up my organs. But I'm better now and up to clear liquids. Other then the paranoia I was pretty brave to have had such an extensive and rare operation. 10 hours on table and I've seen the pics of my own innards.

Great to hear you are doing fine!! Keep up the post so we know how you are doing.

I'm doing pretty good now, just some skin troubles. Not eating quite as good as I should, the food just seems unappetizing except for the fruit. Only foreign tube in me is the PICC (IV) line. Getting up to pee sucks after not having to for weeks. I might go home next week if my skin is good and then have a nurse come to change any bandages.

i

Yes, glad to know that everything went okay and that you're on the road to recovery. Keep us posted on those cute nurses.

I had a CT scan yesterday and all looks good. Doctor said plan on a Tuesday release. Months yet of healing and building strength but going home will speed that along.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dr appt went well on the 1st, he's happy with my progress. I go back in the hospital the 17th to have debridement done on my incision and repaired and may be in for a few weeks again. It won't be as traumatic so I should be mentally sound after

Thanks for the updates, nnygamer.
Here's hoping everything continues as it should.

The skin debridement went fast, I fell pretty good overall. I now have a large open area with a sponge and clear sheet over it for whats called a wound vac. It keeps negative pressure under the sheet to suck away fluids and help pull the skin together for faster healing.
Only complaint right now is my roommate. Can't kill him but I thought about it. Kept his TV on loud all night night. Good thing I got earplugs. He's one of those people that will get on your nerves real fast too.

Latest posts

Back