Major surgery coming up

nnygamer

In case you haven't seen my thread on starship modeler I'm going into the hospital. My medical problem is basically the biggest intestinal hernia in the western hemisphere.
I go in on the 22nd of July, stay in to get my abdominal cavity stretched with air then surgery all day on the 30th. Several weeks recovery in the hospital and who knows what kind of rehab after. It'll be at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse NY.
Hopefully I'll be online at the hospital with my new mini laptop at least thee the major stuff takes place.

Thanks everyone, just a bit nervous now. I probably won't be sleeping very well tonight. I really just hate waiting, at least in an accident you don't have time to think about what's going on.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you man. If you don't mind - what's your full name? Phil ?

It's Phillip ( 2 L's) Besio (an Americanized french name) Family came here from France in the 1800's via Montreal.

Just an update. Got the tube in yesterday and just had some more air put in. A very odd feeling as it goes in, not painful yet. There is probably more pain from the tube then anything, the body doesn't like strange things put in it.

nnygamer said:
Just an update. Got the tube in yesterday and just had some more air put in. A very odd feeling as it goes in, not painful yet. There is probably more pain from the tube then anything, the body doesn't like strange things put in it.

No it doesn't at all. I am not looking forward to getting titanium placed in me. God speed buddy take care our thoughts and prayers.

Day 5 and I'm doing ok. A little more pain now because of all the air in me (about 1500 CC). There are some cute nurses to watch and some nurses aides too. I'm starting to feel like a can of soda and like I have to burp. Just a few more days and I'll be a different man. I might not even have a belly button.

Thanks for the mention in the video Scott, every like boosts helps.

Well the nerves are starting to kick in some now, just trying to keep busy so I don't think about it too much. I go in at 9am, got the OR all to myself for the day. If all goes well I should be back in the same room late Friday night. I might have to be in ICU for a bit if I have any breathing problems. The pulmonary function test was off the charts thanks to never smoking, not sure what the EKG said but my last one was "beautiful".
Some really nice nurses and aides around too. My first RN here was new, but gorgeous. She said she's stop and see me after if she could. I've been a cakewalk of a patient too, no complaints or arguing with them. Some people seem not to want to be treated. My room mate has some surgery and boy does he have a foul mouth when in pain. I try to ignore it, listening to some music helped last night.
Enough rambling for now, just getting some of the tension out. Here's to be modeling again in a month or so.
Thanks again everyone for the good wishes and prayers, ever bit helps give me a mental boost.

My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight man. I trust the Lord will see you thru this safe and sound. You'll be in for a while then?

I may be in a few more weeks to heal, they have to do some work to get my abdominal cavity large eough so there is some muscles that need to be separated and layered. If there isn't enough room right of fI may have to be left open some as the skin slowly grows over. I'll try to get some updates once I'm able to get back online I'm not even sure how long it will take for me to be able to move without pain.

Latest posts

Back