Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

Thank you for the kind words J!! Hope to have a little more on this soon!! ;D

Well, thank you Dusky!! Always enjoy company and the encouragement!! ;)

Spud, I really appreciate it...thanks!!!!

I guess it is time for another little update here....

After the last post I made where I was dry fitting decks, it is time to start applying some PE stairs and railings. This needs to be done as getting into these spots after gluing is virtually impossible.

SMAUpdate7051.jpg

After looking at some pictures of the real one, some of the stairways had Mahogany steps, so a little detailing need to be done. Next I started applying the railings and the stairs from the weather deck to the next deck up.

SMAUpdate7054.jpg

Carefully these were placed. I like to use standard PVA (white glue) to attach my PE. It cleans up well with water, dries just about clear and it dries hard as nails!!

SMAUpdate7062.jpg

Time to assemble some deck sections...

SMAUpdate7065.jpg

I still need to do some touch-up here and there, but I like the way it is coming together.

SMAUpdate7067.jpg

Just when I thought I was on a roll, I had a stupid moment and forgot to apply the white stripe on the upper exterior hull. The kit supplied a decal for this but I thought I would use some more tape ::)

007.jpg

Pheeeeew...got this done too!! Not too bad. I will be playing with PE and decks over the next few days.

009.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping in for a while!!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

'
Quote form the great philosipher, Monkey....

"If goodness is like a mountain, sometimes it is equally hard to achieve and someone must first find a way.""

OK, kind of working on multiple fronts at the moment here....I have three out of many projects on the bench and my time management seem to be working at the moment!! ;D

In pushing forward I am still constructing PE and painting various items. Again, sections of this build need to be completed as the ship goes together....so, decks are being laid down in the shipyard here and the workers are happy...means things can get done!!!

019.jpg

Taking some time from the PE I have several deck fixings that need to be painted and placed. Starting with some funnels and moving onto cleats and such....

022.jpg

017.jpg

Each step adds another set of walls then a deck and then some ladders and railings!!

SMAUpdate8008.jpg

I am careful not to get too far ahead with things too. I don't want to only forget to install anything, but, If certain delicate pieces are installed to early I know they will get removed and damaged buy the big fingers putting this whole, thing together!!

SMAUpdate8014.jpg

Small breaks in between some construction ease the frustration that can be from working with tiny pieces. Building some of the superstructures separate from the ship itself is an easier and often safer way of construction. This is the wheelhouse sections with decks above and below on the entire bridge section.

SMAupdate9003.jpg

SMAupdate9007.jpg

This section will take some time to finish. I am hoping I have helped this along with all the pre-bending and painting of the PE. I will update this again as soon as I get some more together on the bridge superstructure!!

Thanks you again for tuning in!!! ;)

LOL....it's easy to miss it when you are as busy as you are!! ;D Thank you Adam!! I appreciate the encouraging words!!! Keeping things moving up here!!! ;)

Hey TRM, if you ever want to come up North and work in my workshop I'm sure you could teach the elves up here a thing or two. HoHoHoHoHoHoHo

Sounds like a plan!! The parts might be a little big for em though!! ;D Now if I could figure out how to Rust coal!!! ::)

Wonderful. Awesome. Wait a minute, I need a vocabulary to find other definitions of this little masterpiece :)

Latest posts

Back