Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

Great work!
Maybe I should get the kit for Xmas.
Cheers,
Guido

Thank you very much Guido!! LOL...not a present to ask for!! ;) Hasegawa has done an excellent job on it!! ;D

just gone through all the threads you have a very steady hand you have done an amazing job buddy so much so i am looking at getting a 1;3500 scale ship nice buddy

Thanks a bunch Gee!!!! LOL...I know that was a typo....1:3500 scale?? Yeah, I would give up and start knitting if it were in that scale!! :eek: 1:350 is a great scale for most of these! I have seen bigger ship, but not sure where to put em when they are done!! ;D

LOL...nice try Adam!! Was talking about the clear coat sealer to try this out in the tub~!!! ;D ;D You go out for one day shooting things and now you want to shoot everythign!!! ;)

TRM said:
Thanks a bunch Gee!!!! LOL...I know that was a typo....1:3500 scale?? Yeah, I would give up and start knitting if it were in that scale!! :eek: 1:350 is a great scale for most of these! I have seen bigger ship, but not sure where to put em when they are done!! ;D

LOL...nice try Adam!! Was talking about the clear coat sealer to try this out in the tub~!!! ;D ;D You go out for one day shooting things and now you want to shoot everythign!!! ;)
yes it ws a typo you've got the scale right i think a jap ship will do for my first attempt

LOL...think ing you would do just fine Dusky!! Really tiny brushes!! ;D

Gee, there are a ton of beuty in the Japanese range!! Battleships, destroyers, cruise liners...I'm in if you end up taking the plunge!!

Thank you John!! I was thinking about your builds all weekend brotha'....the wife had to watch all the Star Wars again!! Someday I will dabble with something from that realm!! ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I am new year and every single post amazes me on the kind of work you guys do.

I do how-ever like to as the stupid question of what the meaning is of "PE"? I read that several times and not sure what it is.

Other than that, just a very big wow for your work, very impressive indeed!

Thank you very much Dizz!!! I appreciate it!! And welcome to SMA, btw the way!!

Luigi covered you on the answer for "PE". Sorry bout that. Usually I will write it out at the beginning of a build but by the end of a lengthy build...LOL..you might be lucky if I use PE instead of saying photo etch and not just say "the shinny stuff" ;)

Hello All!!

Time to sneak in an update!! I had some of these ready to go knowing today was the day the attic was trowing-up some Christmas decorations and my services would be needed. Luckily enough, the garland from last year was pretty much junk and it was not too hard to convince the better half that she should go buy some!! LOL...quiet...me, the dog and a lit undecorated tree!! ;D

So moving forward, he is where I stand.

After muddling with railings for a bit, I pulled out the first of many life boats and gave them a quick paint!!! LOL...actually, gave them 4 I believe. See I thought it was easier to AB the white outer section along with the middle rails, then paint in a deck tan for the interior floor boards....Wrong! ::) It was better the other way around...AB the floor and hand paint the exterior. Sometimes there is a learning curve on all builds. With that, here is how they are beginning to look!!!

SMAupdate10050.jpg

SMAupdate10051.jpg

SMAupdate10053.jpg

Here, with all the davits in place, railing mounted and deck fixtures pretty much all mounted!

SMAupdate10056.jpg

SMAupdate10059.jpg

With a good overview shot, thing appear to be coming together!

SMAupdate10066.jpg

From here, I will be making up rigging in advance of the installation of the masts and crane work, tiding up some problem areas and getting the funnel ready for mounting!

Hope you enjoyed this small update and thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Awesome work mate, it will be such a great display piece when it's done! Now get on with that tree lol!

Latest posts

Back