Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

Thank you very much gentlemen!! Your kind words are keeping me on the straight and narrow!! I appreciate it!!! ;)

Thank you both for the comments!!! Keeping me moving in the right direction here!! ;) Long weekend pulling Christmas out, looking forward to getting back to the bench some this week!! ;D

Im amazed at what you can do with these ships T , Very realistic !!! Fantastic work man ....Just fantastic !! ;)

Chris.

Wow...thank you very much for that compliment G!! Means a lot!! ;) I hope to have another update on this one coming into the weekend!! Getting close now!!!

Most awesome my friend. Are we going to see the odd rust streak here and there?

Hey Rook!! There will be some streaking in the mix...soon I hope!! ;D LOL...no rust streaks?? Almost like coffee with out the water....just not quite the same!!! ;D

OK, that time again!!

A little bt of an update!!!

Using some common thread this time for rigging, I made a simple jig andpulled lengths taught and then applied some white glue to them. This stiffens the thread and knocks down the fuzzies.

SMAUpdate11008.jpg

For these particular rigging parts, I added some AK Dark Steel pigments simply by dipping my finger into the jar and then drawing the string between my forefinger and thumb.

SMAUpdate11013.jpg

This gave the string a steel like apprearance which helped in getting the look for the crane rigging.

SMAUpdate11032.jpg

With a couple of photo etch parts left over from another project and some fine wire, I made up some tiny hooks.

Here the remaining funnels have been added as well as the addition of the life boats hanging in the davits.

SMAUpdate11040.jpg

This was kind of a small update at the moment. In the next couple days I will have some more of the crane work done along with working the two masts!!!

As always, thank for stopping in!!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back