Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

Spud...ahh, the good ole days!!! ;D You would think I was though!!! Thinking that was complimentary!!....LOL!!! ;)

MJ.....is it the color of the fact it's lying on it's back? ;D Thanks btw!!!

Thank you kindly CT!!!

Working getting the "unmasked sections painted and then onto some weathering on the decks themselves!!! Update should be around soon!!!

Fantastic work as always my man ;D I like the way the hull sides come together ,makes for a very positive fit with no chance of flexing ,I imagine it makes the decks a bit easier to fit too . Speaking of which ,the decks look good !!! Insane masking tho :eek:

Chris.

Thank you Chris!! Hull fit is all Hasagawa....credit where credit is due!! Very little flex!!! Had some in the past you want to toss in the bin after fighting to get the decks to sit right!! Thinking you notice the differenct in the world of Wengs when it come to Hasagawa....step above sometimes!!!!! ;D

Oh yes ,Totally agree ,the Hasegawa aircraft are a joy to build ,worth paying that little extra for them sometimes :)

Again ...Ken .... lol :p I think he's got shares in 3M ;)

LOL...nice little perk from work! Clients bring in their own supplies sometimes and then when they are done. Scott had it right,"Penny saved...." ;D

Absolutely stunning work so far me `ol mucka........................sooooo glad i`m aware of this one, look forward to more great work on this fella ;D

Thanks for swinging by Mark!!! Always a good time to have you along for the ride!! Stay tuned for another update coming!!! ;D

OK time for a little update it seems.....

I finished painting the molded deck bits and it's time to remove some tape ::)

After applying a thick wash with some AK Streaking Grime I think the decking is beginning to come around.

SMAUpdate6012.jpg

SMAUpdate6021.jpg

Still some touch up here and there and the bulkheads will get a round of some more weathering for contrast.

In between drying coats and and some drying paint as I began painting the larger top deck structures while the tape was still in place, I primed and painted photo etch sheet and begun a long, but fun, process of bending up ladders.

001.jpg

Carefully numbering the placement of these tiny parts.

Now back to some painting after just a little more taping!!! But the decks are shaping up and will be ready for the walls of the super structure parts!!

Thank you as always for having a LQQY!!

Holy SHIRT batman!!! You weren't kidding yesterday when you said it was coming out well! Great job!

Thank you Adam! Steady as she goes! Hasegawa makes such a nice kit as well as the PE. Thicker than most, the PE is thick enough to work easy yet still delicate to enhance the scale!! ;) As for the decks, once the base is down, remember the conversation with Rob....Tamiya with no clear coat soaks in a little of the AK just to bring out some nice color tones I think! ;)

seems like a lot of delicate parts, T. still love your Masking magic lol

TRM..really enjoying your buildlog and fine photography, not to mention the commentary.

I love watching a complicated build come together..its often a long, tough slog with plenty of thought put into it and I can tell you have done your share of both for this ship.

Well done Sir!
Tim

Thanks ER!! LOL..."great, all this hard work and all I am remebered for is my tape job!!" LOL!!!!! Seriously...thanks bud!! ;)

Hiya Tim! Appreciate the kind words! I have a bit of fun building sometimes and I suppose it will roll over into the commentary. Always fun to share a build with a bunch of great folks!! On the lighter side.....I am working my way up to your status on the PE my friend!! LOL, I still need to paint mine it seems!! ::) Thought about you over the weekend when I was at a show...there was a 1/200 Musashi (think) going for a steal!! She was a big girl!! ;D ;D ;D

Luigi!! Hey bud!! Thnak you much!!! I guess I am to blame for this one!!! ;D ;D

TRM said:
Thought about you over the weekend when I was at a show...there was a 1/200 Musashi (think) going for a steal!! She was a big girl!! ;D ;D ;D

mmmm, yes...I like my girls big...how'd ya know?? :)

Scott at Elm City is bringing in one of those 200lb Bismarck sweeties in a week or two and I may have to go over there and relieve him of her...that is, if she'll fit into my civic. Might have to strap that baby to the front fender like Rosie O'Donnell (or a dead moose, depending on your part of the country) ...but we'll get her home somehow. :)

Cheers to you and all shipbuilders...and all the "big girls". -Tim

LOL!!! Oh the Biz!!! Another favorite!!! I have a might Mo collecting dust in the box on the shelf!!! That one need the Eduard PE set and barrels before she get touched!!

As for the Moose...some down here in Massachusetts, but probably a better chance of running into Rosie!!! ::)

Onward and downward!! ;D

ComfortablyNumb said:
Might have to strap that baby to the front fender like Rosie O'Donnell (or a dead moose, depending on your part of the country)

Rosie O'Donnell = A dead Moose.... :p

Latest posts

Back