Girvan's MPC Itch - formerly Event Horizon

That's very cool, Scott! Good job!
You, know, I really want to complete my SD, but with all this MF euphoria I just can't resist :) I think I'm going to finally start next Monday and follow some aspects of your build with a two week difference))

Yes! Love millennium mondays! ;D Scott you are the man when it comes to scratch building & finding stuff that 'works', good job ;).

Excellent video Scott! Lots of great tips and ideas. Really gets the imagination working in top gear! Thank You Sir!!

Thanks guys. Scale Model Addict & Hoarder.

But seriously...there's a TON of practical things that will work.

Nice skills on the Escape pods... and cool idea on the Engines... well done...

Gave away the nice resin for the Budget idea... pretty cool in deed !!!
Don't cheap out on the Grills though !!! its a signature look

Great videos Scott

Love the scratch building, after all we don't all have loads of money to spend on expensive upgrades.

I'm looking forward to watching this build, makes me want to try a sci fi build at some point myself!

SCOTT,

Great Idea on th Screens. Now ..... are those "Wheels" really Engines ? Or are They vents ? I have not a clue & am just asking ... Is there a Picture of the Falcon that has Identified the parts of th Falcon ? I thought , perhaps that those screens/Engines could be cooling fans for the Hyper Drive ? ..... Which brings Me to a cool lil Factoid or something like that ..... What about th Heat that's built up When th Hyper Drive kicks in.? It must really get Hot inside th Falcon ?? ( considering the Friction that's built up when th HD kicks in) Is th Interior of th Falcon Heat Shielded ? Like th Exterior of th Space Shuttle Ya know what I'm saying... or am I babbling ... ?

Meanwhile back at th Ranch .....

Cool Scratch Building Skilzz !! I'm lookin forward to seein this develop. I'm gettin together My "stuff" for My Black Falcon. I've acquired a few 1/72nd scale Armor kits &have a spare MPC Falcon that Crash Landed under th Wheel of My car ! ;D SO I'll be snaggin some parts from that too.

Question :

I see th Template for the Escape pods Armor. .... Is there a Template for the Body Armor for th MPC Falcon ? I like th IDea you had with "De-Tacking" your temoplates & would lie to do th same for th larger Panels , as I'm gonna have to scratch some Full Sized Armor Panels. ;D I'll get it together & Shoot th 1st. Transformation Video on Tuesday , as My lil' Jawa ( 3 yr. old daughter) will be at th Day Care !!

O.K. ... I've burned enough Bandwidth for now ;D

Keep up th Cool Lookin' Rock-N-Roll Modeling !!!!!

They must be vents right? Not exactly sure. There isn't a template for the main hull armor AFAIK. I've seen people who scratch build the entire ship make their own templates - using a compass and ruler, paper taped to hull, draw curve etc...but nothing is available as far as stock template.

YEAH , I have no idea if they are Vents or not, just a guess. I'd like to get that New Haynes Manual on th Falcon & see what parts are what just for My own curiosity.

As far as the Armor Plates - I thought that I might do a "rub"( on tracing paper or friskit paper) to get th shape etc , & cut from Sheet stock.

I'm lookin' forward to th Next Installment !!

Yeah, a rub would work great. Q demonstrated that very well.

I didn't have an opportunity to shoot Millennium Monday today...just too swamped with life. I hope to have one out this week though. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

This one hasn't moved since that last video. I did get the 144 Panther in though and now I can continue on the rear deck.

Life's been a bit wide open. Well, white tail deer hunting actually. LOL.

Looks like it should work fine.

The panther looks very similar:

$%28KGrHqR,!lgE2Ej5Mg+yBNrS9mr6vg~~_12.JPG

It's a tiny bit too small...just a hair. it will work though.

Latest posts

Back