My MPC Falcon

Captain Han Solo

Hey Guys.

First, I have got to say, There is a LOT of really talented folks here!!

I have working on my MPC/ERTL Millennium Falcon. Having built Two Fine Molds Falcons,I can safely say I wasn't too happy with the MPC KIT out of the box.

However, Having said that, I prefer the 5' Falcon over the 32" Falcon used in Empire and Jedi.(I know that the 5' Falcon was used in Empire for a couple of scenes).
I didn't like the additional landing gear/gear boxes or the changes to the cockpit.

Here's my Millennium Falcon so far..
I cut down the sidewalls and started to scratch build details, per the Five Footer.
I threw out the kit supplied Cockpit and Scratch-Built a new Larger one(The Kit supplied Cockpit is way too small)
I currently detailed the interior of the cockpit per the Filming miniature,not the full size set.
I enlarged the cockpit access tube..And so a journey of a million miles begins with a single step...LOL!

100_2018.jpg

100_2031.jpg

I am just trying to get the correct shapes right now...

Ok Lads, the toture continues!!!

Been working on the cockpit..still.

Not finished it yet, some cleaning up to do....

100_2050.jpg

100_2053.jpg

I really like the details that you have on her, she certainly has that mechanical guts on the outside look! ;)

A Little update...

More work done on the Cockpit/Cockpit tube..with the addition of more details per the 5 footer, also Until I can get the JBOT decals I have made my own..Also I am preparing to drill out the 9 holes seen under the Koolshade vents just behind the cockpit..
100_2062.jpg

Rear engine deck work..some additional detail as well as the exhaust vents opened up to accept the Fans and Vents..
100_2063.jpg

The kit details will eventually be removed..

Wow those sidewalls look ace! And I think your the first person I've seen to drill out the holes on cockpit walkway, very good eye for detail!

merseajohn said:
Wow those sidewalls look ace! And I think your the first person I've seen to drill out the holes on cockpit walkway, very good eye for detail!

Many thanks Sir, There is still a loooong way to go ::)!

Yes I have to figure out how to replicate the koolshade that covers the holes..without going insane..still a lot of clean up to do as well..as well as enlarging/scratchbuilding the docking rings!

My God...that looks great. I would love to do an MPC falcon someday (I've already started gathering aftermarket parts) but modifying the back of that thing is a pretty big mountain to climb

Lookin great!

What are you going to use to detail the engine deck?

I bought some 1/72 & 1/144 panther kits.....relatively cheap & similar to what ILM used

J

Jaitea said:
Lookin great!

What are you going to use to detail the engine deck?

I bought some 1/72 & 1/144 panther kits.....relatively cheap & similar to what ILM used

J

Again, Thanks guys!

Yes I'll probably do the same thing(1/72 &1/144 Tamiya tank kits and scratchbuilding...).

A little update as I gather parts and such..

I added the framing detail to the cockpit frames,test fitted the "fans"in the rear engine deck, added some Pipeing detail..

100_2067.jpg

100_2066.jpg

100_2065.jpg

100_2064.jpg

Still need to clean up some detail etc...

Latest posts

Back