My MPC Falcon

This looks fantastic

In a wierd way though I kind of prefered your initial sidewall over the detail on the Blue Moon kit. I'm not sure what if any detail you'll be adding to the Blue Moon sidewalls but I'm sure it will turn out better in the end

blakeh1 said:
This looks fantastic

In a wierd way though I kind of prefered your initial sidewall over the detail on the Blue Moon kit. I'm not sure what if any detail you'll be adding to the Blue Moon sidewalls but I'm sure it will turn out better in the end

Many Thanks Guys!!!

The sidewalls are from Falconkits(he's back in operation!), I am using them as a base for my Scratch built details.
Although I endevor to make it as Studio accurate as possible, I realise I don't work for ILM and don't have thousands of dollars of Kits on hand to use for detailing.(I promise not to make any more excuses!!LOL!)

That said, the sidewalls from Falconkits, while not dead on accurate to the five footer, are a lot more accurate than the Blue moon offering(IMHO), and with a little tweaking(like the MPC kit itself), Can get the job done!

More to come my friends, more to come!

BEATLEPAUL said:
I am using them as a base for my Scratch built details.

Cool. I like the extra dimension that the scratch built details you had added. Kind of like fine molds type detail vs MPC detail on the engine deck. Makes sense to use them for a base to add stuff to

This is going to be amazing when its finally done

100_2104.jpg

She looks beautiful, has that 'Star Wars 1977' look, thats what I want to achieve. I know I'm going to have to tackle the size of the cockpit & tube, but I'll wait till I get the sidewalls & mandibles back in place.

How did you tackle this problem?

Lovely job Paul

Beatle-J

VERY nice mate, it does have that early look your right Jaitea. Well done More Pics!! ;D

Thank you sincerely Gentlemen, I do Indeed appreciate the kind comments!

Yes, She's getting there, but far from completed. Still a long way to go....

Jaitea:Re the Cockpit/Cockpit tube..
I basically enlarged the Cockpit tube initally to 45 MM in diameter...Then I eyeballed it, till it looked right to me. I know that's not very organised and such, but I believe I nailed it..
The Cockpit is NOT as long as the 32" Filming miniature in Empire, or the Finemolds kit, it's kinada stubby.

Yes she's looking like the ship I saw on the screen in 1977......

Thanks for the tips Paul, your paint job is coming along well, also like the damaged grills on the engine deck

J

Again, I humbly thank you guys!
The talent on this board is truly inspiring to me!!!

No, not a rush job at all..In fact I have added more detail since the last pics were posted...

Latest posts

Back