My MPC Falcon

UPDATE..

I scratch built the "Koolshade" behind the Cockpit.
You can see the nine holes through the vents, per the miniature..

It still needs cleaning up Sanded down etc..I just wanted to see what it looked like:thumbsup

100_2070.jpg

Looks a little rough, but I know how small that thing is in real life.
Nice mod work

Quaralane said:
Looks a little rough, but I know how small that thing is in real life.
Nice mod work

After examining the Photos of the 5' Falcon, it has a very Banged up, somewhat disjointed feel to some of it. I believe this was done on purpose by the guys at ILM..I am trying to get that same feel on this model. Most of the Falcon Builds I see, in particular the FM 1/72 have an assembly line quality to them..everybody does the same thing, every model looks like the last one...So on this build, I am really trying to capture the"Look and feel" of the 5' miniature...
Which based on the reference pics up close looks a little rough... :)

Having said that however, This model is still under construction and I will be cleaning up areas that need attention..But again, the 5' was/is pretty banged up and Used looking...that's what I am going after!

Here's a pic of what I am trying to get..
The real 5' Miniature...
falcon14cockpit_jpg.jpg

And my build so far...

100_2073.jpg

The scale of my "KOOLSHADE" is off, I am trying to find something else to replicate what the 5' Koolshade.so that may change very soon..I have Top men working on it!!

I am also replacing the pipeing around the ship, but one of our other friends here is doing the same thing..

The photos I have show her really beat up as well. So I will start on that look once I get done with the piping.

I don't think I will touch the cool shade though, unless I find some sort of substitute for the banding over it.

Nice work!

Grendels said:
The photos I have show her really beat up as well. So I will start on that look once I get done with the piping.

I don't think I will touch the cool shade though, unless I find some sort of substitute for the banding over it.

Nice work!

Thank you sir, It's very much appreciated!
Much, Much more to do, including perhaps a re-do of the Koolshade...Still waiting on several more parts!

Hey Guys!

I was unhappy with the look of the "Koolshade" so I re did it to make it more accurate....

100_2075.jpg

100_2076.jpg

..Still a work in progress my friends..

That looks more detailed, it definately makes the model look huge!
Nice one!
J

Jaitea said:
That looks more detailed, it definately makes the model look huge!
Nice one!
J

Thank you!
I Beat it up and damaged some of it, like the real Miniature. The Main cockpit is damaged as well with dents and dings..

Very cool, man that dish looks so much better than the fine molds one :(. If I ever were to revisit my falcon that's the first thing I'd change.

Hey Guys..

Well I did some work on my MPC Falcon.
I have installed the Falconkits Sidewalls at this point. In addition I will/have been adding scratch built details of my own as well.

Still a work in progress...

100_2101.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2098.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2096.jpg

Latest posts

Back