Girvan's 144 FMMF

Thanks alot guys. Appreciate that.

I can tell you that the Chopper II sure is a great tool. It's really nice to be able to get nice consistent clean cuts..that are square.

82439_L.jpg

Honestly, it's really great. I don't have the skills to make consistent square cuts in styrene strip. This is made exactly for that and really works. Simple but totally solid and dead on.

I was trying to make square cuts on Sunday, and it was a pain to get them straight. I will look into it! ;D

If you do any amount of scratch building at all I'd totally recommend it. It uses a common razor blade which is nice.

Great looking ramp Scott! Now I know how to go about it! ;D I've been looking at the Chopper II at my not so LHS for months now. May have to pull the trigger next visit.

Awesome Work Scott. I'm still staring in my AMT box grimacing over these sidewalls. Maybe I should have bought the 1:144 Fine Molds. ??? I'll light a flame under my butt over the weekend and get it going. I found some decent styrene strips so wish me luck.

Scott Girvan said:
Honestly, it's really great. I don't have the skills to make consistent square cuts in styrene strip. This is made exactly for that and really works. Simple but totally solid and dead on.

Ordered it today at Rai-Ro.de And for 54 Euros not really expensive. Thanks for your advice :)

A minor update.

I've harvested 20 LEDs from a $1 fixture (thank you $ store). I'll shave these down (actually clear plastic part) and use them for the floodlights around the Falcon. I still really need to learn how I am going to throttle the juice to dim them.

3473.jpg

Is it normal for the soldering iron to turn 10 shades of purple?
3474.jpg

Leaves me short connections but they work. Sorry for the blurry. Didn't knowy till I got them uploaded...y.
3475.jpg

It is normal for the soldering iron to turn colors.

What color are the LED's? What voltage to you plan on running? That will determine the size of the resistor you need to use.

COol. It's just a cheap SI from Princess Auto. That's Leia's second cousin twice removed on her father's uncle's side. (Also the Canuck equivalent to Har Bar Frate ;) )

It's still 10 shades of purple. Looks permanent. Nice. I think I'll call her Barney.

Color: Like a whiteish, hint of yellow but not yellow.
Voltage: No clue.

I'm thinking that perhaps you and I should have a bit of a pow-wow about this. You see, that rather large diorama I'm building is gonna need alot of lighting and I really don't think having 37 9V batteries and 37 switches is the way to go...

Unfortunately as it stands that is the only way I would know how to do it. Maybe if I make a drawing of what I intend to need...then we could work it up in a thread and everyone can learn from it.

I would certainly appreciate the help. You can be sure that when I meet you you'll get a big high five and a long awkward hug. ;D

Most likely those LED's will take 3.2V. There is no need for separate switches nor batteries.

A long talk is fine, let me find out what is going on in the next few days and I will send a PM.

Latest posts

Back