SMA BSC #6: 1/144 YT-1300p

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Another quick build before the week is out!! I'm not expecting any awards or anything for this one, again, it's just satisfying my itch to BUILD BUILD BUILD....It's also a throw everything to the wall and see what sticks situation. :)

Basically, it’s an OOB build with no primer. The chrome plating may be novelty to some, but I take it as a challenge to work it into the concept on this build. It’s surprisingly easy to build up since it’s not getting a) super detailed or b) lit. Again, this is a good practice kit for when I want to do those things next time around. I did have a hell of a difficult time with the glue, mostly because all the surfaces that connect needed to be scraped or sanded of the chrome plating. Other than that, I’m painting some parts that would be colored differently if it were coming fresh off the line. I might do some panel variations with other tones of silver, etc, but for the most part this is a “fresh off the assembly line” look.

mf_img_3179.jpg

mf_img_3180.jpg

mf_img_3181.jpg

mf_img_3182.jpg

mf_img_3183.jpg

mf_img_3184.jpg

mf_img_3185.jpg

yeah, it's tough...shows every little finger print and smudge :-X

BUT i laid down a nice brushing of future and that cleans everything right up!! bling bling!

More progress! Assembly is SUPER easy. The trick is keeping my fingerprints from showing up! I coated ALMOST the whole thing with Future and have been using gloves to handle it. There is now a pilot and a passenger in the cockpit and the turret bays have been painted. I gotta say Fine Molds could have done better on the turret bays…they are very shallow. Next build calls for Scratchy’s aftermarket. Fo sho. Anyway, I was thinking more on how to spruce this up beyond the bling-o-bird scheme so I plan on doing some various yellow panel markings a la Sukhoi or MiG pre-delivery schemes and then adding a TON of stencil data. Best of both worlds, eh? Here’s where she stands…

mf_img_3200.jpg

mf_img_3201.jpg

mf_img_3202.jpg

mf_img_3203.jpg

mf_img_3204.jpg

mf_img_3205.jpg

mf_img_3206.jpg

mf_img_3207.jpg

Is that Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars' tour bus?...er, I mean tour ship?
O kinda like the bling-osity of it! :)

Now all ya gotta do is put a chain on it and show it to Flava Flav... I'm sure he'd where it in his next video! Great job on this bro... love the shiny falcon look!

All done here, too! ;D ;D ;D I toned down the chrome plating first by dull coating the entire craft then going back in and hand brushing select silver panels with Future. With the decals there are 6 variants of panel coloration and luster. Definitely an interesting process for whenever I get to the next chrome-plated kits (I have a MiG-15 and a P-51D in chrome...)

The full run of 100+ photos are here, please enjoy: http://nicholassagan.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/sma-bsc-6-1144-yt-1300p-predelivery-pt3-done/

mf_img_3431.jpg

mf_img_3434.jpg

mf_img_3438.jpg

mf_img_3471.jpg

mf_img_3422.jpg

mf_img_3424.jpg

mf_img_3441.jpg

mf_img_3446.jpg

mf_img_3502.jpg

mf_img_3452.jpg

She looks good, but I think she could benefit from a darker background for taking pix. :)
Quite the dramatic change from all her chromey goodness!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree that a darker background might help her presentation, but she's a sharp looking ship

Latest posts

Back