Girvan's MPC Itch - formerly Event Horizon

Junkie

EDIT: Changed the title. LOL. This will be the Falcon after all.

I deleted my MPC Itch thread....and replaced it with this.

Gonna build the old MPC kit. No aftermarket. I'll build this only on Monday's and post a video Tuesday's. After some web surfing I came across a variant called the Event Horizon. It's from a role playing game called Star Sider Gallaxy (I think that's what it's called, don't know much about it.) It's a heavily modified YT-1300 used by a smuggler. Sounds familiar.

Here's the wiki page: http://wiki.starsidergalaxy.com/index.php?title=Event_Horizon

And the captain of the ship:

400px-Horizon2.jpg

Video tomorrow.

Re: Event Horizon

Cool Idea Scott. I Dig It. The Captain Looks Cool But He Needs A Hairy Sidekick. ;D

Thanks. Worked quite a bit on this tonight. (What a lovely kit) ::)

I'm having second thoughts about 'Event Horizon' though but whatever....I just might build it as the Falcon. It will be in flight and I was thinking it just might be cool to have a Falcon in flight and then the Docking Bay 94 as the landed version. We'll see.

No matter what here is what I plan to do to the kit.

Thin/notch armor around edge Done.
Scratch build sidewalls
Scratch build cockpit
Detail engine deck
Scratch build top gun well
Detail docking rings
Scratch build engine grill
Light gunwell, cockpit and engines

Not going to bust my head on this. Just have fun and build fast. I won't use any aftermarket items with one exception. I have 2 sets of PE top engine grills. I think I'll use those, seeing how I have 2 sets and they are readily available at StarShipModeler for whoever wants them.

That looks like quite a laundry list of mod's, for a such quick build. :-X Looking forward to seeing it in progress, Scott!!

lol i like the out take at teh end made me chuckle :)

SCOTT,

Great list of Add-Ons/Scratch Mods !!! I'll have to watch th Vid a lil later .... for some reason YouTube is lagging on My Computer ?????

I'm right there with ya Holmzz !! I'm gonna do some Down Home Scratch building on this one too. Th Money Tree has yet again Failed to Bloom !! Leaving Me to scratch build th Sidewalls & some on th Rear Deck !! ;D

YES !!! I Dig it too ... Millennium Mondays !!! I'll be starting My Falcon tonight & get some more done this week end & I too will post on Monday !! ;D It'll be Gang Bang Millennium Monday ... :eek: Oh wait .... That didn't come out right .... errr.. Ummm .... Hey look over there .. It's Greedo ....

Ha Eric you Nutter! Great start on the Falcon Scott makes me want to do an mpc one..mmmm :p and nice video ;D

Sounds like we have very similar thoughts on our builds, Scott. You'll finish yours before I can finish mine, I'm sure! I'll be following your build for sure. I actually found a Porsche transmission for my sidewall scratchbuilds, but it's too small and the wrong shape (from a 1/24 Tamiya 956 race car).

These edge cutting looks great, Scott! I'll definitely follow your to-do list and videos when I finally find the time for my MF project.
And it is great to have Girvan's Falcon Tuesdays now! :)
Keep up your excellent work, buddy ;)

They're quite large them Falcons aint they :eek: Looks like you're havin fun with it tho' ....great vid !!
Millenium Mondays ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back