A-Wing MPC 1/48

Junkie

Here's a shelf queen.

The A-Wing was assembled during my 'Forced Perspective Diorama manic lunacy'. Might as well finish the kit. It's been bugging me, just sitting there looking at me.

Last night I scribed and drilled rivets. Not perfect but it'll do.
4080.jpg

Tonight some preshading.
4081.jpg

More tomorrow.

Nice work mate, I have that kit I believe....havnt looked in the box for ages though, does it need a bit of work like scribing etc? or have you just added a little more needed detail?

Thanks. It has raised panel lines and rivets...so I engraved them. Decent kit though.

What's your plan for painting it Scott? classic red?

Going with a Rogue Squadron feel...meaning some custom markings. Either red or blue...with lots of odd panels and damage.

A very small dio. Two figures max and a droid. Couple of simple pieces of equipment...few pipes / hoses.

Thanks CPO!

Got the base paint on tonight. Moving right along. No weathering yet.

4082.jpg

4083.jpg

Most consider this a 1/48 scale kit. What do you think?
4084.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking good...

Hard to tell from the smaller photos....the 1/48 dude looks like he would swim in that cockpit, however the 1/35 dudes look like they would be a tight fit in the cockpit.

Don't know what I was thinking...I was sure this was a 1/72 resin kit, that's why I was confused when you said raised panel lines duh. Yeah the mpc kit is a stupid scale isn't it, I'd say it's inbetween those two sizes (which doesn't help does it!) like 1/42 or something odd.

That old X-wing was what, 1/43? Maybe that's what it is. Hey Scott why don't you break out the wire and the Aves and make a scaled pilot for her. You now possess the sculpting skills....it would be fun for poops and giggles.

looks killer Scott. i think the 1/35 guys look better with it it is a small ship tough aint it???

Sharp looking work Scott.

I know it's a small ship but, I think the 1:35 figures are just a little too large (even though I really like the pose of the guy sitting on the wing). The 1:48 figure might be little small but at least he looks like he would actually fit into the cockpit.

Schön! Sehr schön!

Looks like a scale between both. I guess you have to build a pilot on your own

I'm gonna go with the 1/48 figures. Don't really want to get in the ditch with this and start sculpting.

This isn't an attempt at perfection...just wanna finish and have fun.

Plus, I have 2 or three other 'queens' waiting.

Then again. One of my shelf queens in the 1/35 X Wing. Maybe I could pose this in the same hangar as that. I'll have to put them side by side and see how they look 2gether.

I'd say give it a shot, Scott.
IIRC, the A-wing cockpit looked a little cramped in Return of the Jedi

Paint you have going is looking really good, too

Looking good Scott!

How wide are the 1/48's shoulders? If his shoulders look like they might fit in that cockpit you have a winner.

Latest posts

Back