1/48 bandai x-wing - FINISHED with video

Re: 1/48 bandai x-wing

Great stuff man, hope you can get this finished in time ;)

Looking really good with all the markings painted on. The extra effort has paid off.

So I started some oils. What do you guys think? Too much? Too little? I've never done anything this large before.

I would love to so a bit of spatter but again, I'm a little unsure because of scale.

After this stage I will be doing the streaking with pigments. I have black smoke but it might be too dark.

Looks good to me.
Just try and remember that a lot of any streaking you'd do would follow the flight path.
(( Too many explosions flown through ))

Quaralane said:
Looks good to me.
Just try and remember that a lot of any streaking you'd do would follow the flight path.
(( Too many explosions flown through ))

Really? I assumed that (much like the falcon) the weathering would flow down (on some panels)

But then the streaking would flow backward from exhaust and battle damage

Okay...I'm finished.

Here are a couple of pics. There are a few things I had a hard time with but I kinda consider this my first real model. Even though it was OOB I only looked at the source material for reference. I didn't look at any other builds.

The next question is....how does one take decent pics of this stuff?

The pics look pretty good to me. Possibly find yourself a solid, single color background to keep things simple and easier for the camera to focus.

I would suggest the same thing, picking a solid background color, especially for final display shots. The background on the first shot is good. You might play around with lighter and darker backgrounds to see what provides the best contrast to the details you are trying to show off on the model.

At any rate the shots you have show off some nice work. Great job!

Nicely finished. Looks good.
Solid backgrounds are your friend for photos

Re: 1/48 bandai x-wing - FINISHED

Brilliant job Astroboy....love the weathering,...chips & splattering

...any chance of a wee demo video?

J

Jaitea said:
Brilliant job Astroboy....love the weathering,...chips & splattering

...any chance of a wee demo video?

J

Hmm....maybe I'll do a short youtube video.....if I can figure out how.

Thanks Astroboy,

That X-wing looks brilliant in the video,.....I like how smooth it opens,....& the engine LEDs as you say

The sound effects are good, but I can see what you're talking about,....perhaps just put a switch in the cable to allow you to mute it......

....but enough of the Bandai part of the ship,......the painting looks cracker in the vid

Great work

J

Jaitea said:
Thanks Astroboy,

That X-wing looks brilliant in the video,.....I like how smooth it opens,....& the engine LEDs as you say

The sound effects are good, but I can see what you're talking about,....perhaps just put a switch in the cable to allow you to mute it......

....but enough of the Bandai part of the ship,......the painting looks cracker in the vid

Great work

J

Thanks a lot. Your opinion matters quite a bit.

I fear that I've officially been sucked into the rabbit hole.....

Latest posts

Back