DONT UPDATE YOUR APPLE DEVICES TO iOS 6 !!!!!!!

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
Everyone who has an iPad, or iPhone4/4S DONT UPDATE TO iOS6 !!!! The update will kill your wifi on these devices, and if you're like me and only have the WiFi iPad, it essentially turns it into a brick.

I know The Girv just bought one, so a big warning to him and his family to hold off on updating until Apple sorts out this fiasco.

SPREAD THE WORD !!!!!

My WiFi is fine and ive updated, try updating it again

Ever since the Ipad3 came out, my Ipad2's WiFi sucks!
It keeps dropping and crashing even when I'm sitting right next to my router.
I'm also subscribed to Boingo at work so I can tune in to the radio and the WiFi keeps dropping repeateddly as well as my 3G signal.
I'm almost certain they've done something deliberate to force people to get the new one ( It wouldn't surprise me if they did).

very doubtful they have done that as mine is working fine, just going to update my woman's Iphone now, so we will see how that goes

ive an Ipad2

just goggled the Issue of the wifi issue on IOS6

The issue, which has now been resolved, was related to a page that went down on Apple.com. iOS 6 devices ping the aforementioned page when connecting to a network to ensure the connection is active, Pocket developer Steve Straza stated on Twitter. Now that the page is back online, toggling Wi-Fi on and off will resolve any lingering issues.

Hers
IMG_0515_zps20a4223e.png

Mine
IMG_1311_zps56dc9a84.png

As you can see no Wif issue, updating Ipad now :)

WOW safari is Blindingly Quick to load pages now Awesome :) and still no wifi issues

The problem is still present on many iPad 3's only.....my iPhone4 had the issue for a bit with the Apple.com page, but it was short lived as the blogger said. Unfortunately, on a large percentage of IPad 3's the WiFi is absolutely defunct even with all the temporary fixes. It's a problem with the Wifi/Bluetooth stack that cant be resolved until Apple debuts a hotfix to correct a bug, which apparently was a known issue during all the Beta phases since June.

Kinda lame, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Well that is lame if they had known bout it before release,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always hesitant to upgrade an OS. I have an iPad 2, didn't want to shell out the extra $100 for v3.

I'll wait a week or two...but man, I LOVE the device. Really cool.

Ipad 2 is fine Scott, I updated mine and been using it all morning since. im loving how fast they have made the browser now ;D

Just make sure when you update, that you do it via your Computer over iTunes and do a backup first. AFter you install you may have to reset all of your network settings and wifi access during your inital setup, since this is where the problem seems to lie. Something about iCloud and Passbook.

I didn't need to do that but it's an easy fix if you need to do it

Updated mine and it seems to be working OK.
All my stuff is backed up to icloud daily.

WOW how lame is that

to acces WIFI they harcoded a page to ping .... OMG thats terrible make a DDOS attact to that page and all Icrap devices loose wifi .....

Apple is all about making the "old" versions of their products look boring and outdated so that people feel they have to have the new version. In a year or so the iphone 6 is going to make the iphone 5 look ancient. Plus it will be 2x faster with improved graphics etc...

The apple youtube app sucked anyway. I had to watch videos through the web browser, because they would take forever to load with the app. The google one is a lot better. They seemed to know what users wanted from the app.

Latest posts

Back