DML M1A1 AIM

Thanks for your comments guys!!!

Update:
did some dusting with baby powder just to try to incorporate dusting!! some stains think I overdone it again... I might cover it with real pigments also did some weathering on the road wheels, add stowage... bottomline still a lot work!!!

101_0168.jpg

101_0166.jpg

101_0165.jpg

101_0174.jpg

It is looking good and starting to come together! If you over did the weathering it was only in one spot, the front left side according to the photos you posted. The rest of it looks good!

Thanks John,

I'll look for a way to try to lessen it up a bit to give it less oil spills... beginner's error.

cheers!!!

ches

Keep rubbing the powder into the paint.... I am sure it will do the Effect you are after....
and ONE GOOD POINT.... it does look a lot better !!! the paint tone has changed a bit and
let me tell you it makes the whole difference in the world... GREAT GOING BUDDY !!!

Tank brother !!! a Fearsome Fighting Machine !!! you have !!!!

Can't wait to see your Other builds come alive like you did this ONE....

Norm.

OUT !

I do really appreciate your support guys!!! it does help me a lot to be a Modeler not just some assembler.

Thanks TRM, Quaralene, Carsenualt and Tank Buddy Norm, much appreciated!!

after a few hours of sleeping, actually slept out on my bench just staring and thinking on the beast... then a bulb just pop out from my head and here's the result! now it looks like a dried out oil stain.

101_0177.jpg

but I have to put the beast temporarily out of the bench for this week and work on a restoration of "Little Brother" need to support our local chapter for the ToyCon this coming weekend.

101_0178.jpg
the mud is a combination of Vallejo pigs and from our backyard. I have to re-wash, re-chip and re-weather and add some stowage.

Thanks for looking!!!

Thanks Quaralane,

need to stretch some time for this restoration, so I could participate in the mother of all toycon here in our country. the organizer told us the scale modelers would be in the center of the exhibit in 8 X 10 space, back to back with the local groups.

infamous Red Mud from the south pacific !!!! ::)

Good luck at the SHOW... it doesn't seem like a lot of space for models... OUCH !!! 8X10 sounds like an afterthought...

but never the less.... should be fun to participate in such a large event !

take lots of pix... for us !

Norm

OUT !

the M1 looks like a Mean Sandy Killing Machine..... !!!

Well I'm still working with the restoration of the Hellcat... its already 2am here already stretch more working hours than sleeping, I still got 3 days before the ingress on Friday. already remove much of the mud and pigments on the upper hull. hopefully could finish the re-wash later and prepare it for a light blend of oil wash and carbon black for pin wash. and hopefully give more time to the Beast!!!

Tank Buddy Norm, sure do especially with the cos-players ^^ and of course the builds from different groups.

Thanks John and TRM... I'll post some pics later since your both experts like Norm!! I could use some tips!!

cheers!!

Eastrock said:
Thanks John and TRM... I'll post some pics later since your both experts like Norm!! I could use some tips!!

cheers!!

I wouldn't call myself that.... I'm just an "OLD" Grumpy Guy, you know !!! LOL I have seen lots but done little !!! LOL

Latest posts

Back