DML M1A1 AIM

My Dragon M1A1-AIM arrived today, that is one very impressive looking kit. The seller added a set of Bronco workable tracks as well. Ill wait til I get a bit more experience with the tracked vehicles before I start it.

Very nice work on your Abrams BTW.

;D

Double whammy on that catch hey?

I don't think you will need the bronco tracks on the Dragon kit! But it's nice to have around just in case...

I am sure you will love the experience, working on that kit! Take care!

Norm.

Out!

Sticking to the list "Decals done and Gloss sealed" Now preparing her for a Quick Oil wash.

decal2.jpg

decal3.jpg

Thanks John looking forward with your future modern tank build!!

and TRM, this is also a first modern tank that I've build... and the 2nd tank since I've started the first was the M18 Hellcat.

Hi Myke, Compared to Norm? I'm an apprentice his the Master Beast!!!

Carnsenult, I agree with Norm .... Good catch you got there, you could also use the bronco wheels, that would look great!

;D. Looking the part there buddy!

What the Gun name? So I don't pick the same!!! Just in case! LOL

I'm thinking for mine. "Crater Magnet" or " Baghdad's Nightmare! "
Altho real tanks..... From either another Era.... I still like the sound of it! LOL

Good luck with the oil wash! Take your time....

I sure ferl the pressure to finish.....

Later pal.

schweinhund227 said:
;D

Double whammy on that catch hey?

I don't think you will need the bronco tracks on the Dragon kit! But it's nice to have around just in case...

I am sure you will love the experience, working on that kit! Take care!

Norm.

Out!

The kit's magic tracks are nice, but the bronco tracks look very nice, and have seperate track segment joiners too. I might save the Magic Tracks in case I need them for another Abrams kit.
The seller I bought this from is a good friend at ARC, we have helped each other with many things and dealt regularly. He sent me an email today telling me hes sending me another kit for free, the Dragon M1Ai with the mine plow! I am really starting to believe in paying it forward.

No prob..... I Know a thing or two about "those Bronco tracks"....LOL
I highly recommend them.... Use glue sparlingly....

Take care!

schweinhund227 said:
;D. Looking the part there buddy!

What the Gun name? So I don't pick the same!!! Just in case! LOL

I'm thinking for mine. "Crater Magnet" or " Baghdad's Nightmare! "
Altho real tanks..... From either another Era.... I still like the sound of it! LOL

Good luck with the oil wash! Take your time....

I sure feel the pressure to finish.....

Later pal.

Its all about da Bones, actually I'm thinking of making one "Bad bones" but due to the time decided to use the issued one. Oil wash done waiting to be cure... its a bit a reddish, I think I've done some heavy tinting... newbies mistake... still need to do a darker color for the pin wash on the crevices and panel lines to make it more visible... end of the day lesson learn to much oil is enough.... :-X pics to follow...

;D

All About Tha Bone! LOL

Funny ! I like it! Must have been a good crew!

You can always dull or lighten the Tint of your Washes by using pure white! "Oils" that is! With enough
Thinner.... It does lighten the shade.... You have to blend it well.... A little goes a long way!
If that is what you are after? Don't do it on my account! I ternet pictures don't always look their best.....

Take care and hope to see your pix soon!

Norm

Out!

I'll post some pictures after worked... to know if I should tone it down a bit its still curing as of now... It now looks like came out of the wringer ;D

cheers!!!

Update: Oil Wash (A very first for me) sometimes trials and errors do make some justice... Thanks for looking!

Cheers!!!

101_0148.jpg
After the wash

101_0146.jpg
101_0151.jpg
After 16hrs

101_0159.jpg
101_0161.jpg

After 48hrs with some stowage still need some added details so it would not look like a toy. ;D

Good job my man !!! Wash and all !!!

Love the Crew Gear pilling up !!! the little Cooler is a nice touch !!! breaks the Beige !!!! LOL

I to! have one... but didn't like the colour... working on that .... !!! it's Blue, but not like yours...

hard to fit Gear in those Baskets... as its not Soft and mushy.... Can't stuff it right !!!

I feel your pain !!!

While your wash is still ... fresh ! you can experiment in removing some.... witha damp Q-tip or Flat brush... with (white Spirit) or Var-sol.... around details... or flat surfaces... to help Modulate your Base coat !!! Not that it needs it.... just saying... while you still have time...

I threw a fresh coat of Sand colour on mine.... (in some area) as I found a few spots where I had miss !!! so.. more washes and more modulation Awaits me !!! Lots of Fun !!!! hey ?

Later pal !

Norm

OUT !

Thanks your kind words Grendel, Quaralene and Tank Buddy Norm!!

The beast really pushing me to the limit, really learn a lot stuff here in SMA and personal experience never expect that I overdid the oil wash turn into this one, just did some minor adjustment with turpentine for color fading and this would be the last time I'll be using a turp coz it makes the plastic brittle, need to have some emergency repairs. I'll use an odorless thinner next time.

all I can say is it may look so simple but its challenging for me.

cheers!!!

Ohhhh I didn't know you Hurt your FINISH !!! (Paint) that's too bad !

I thought you were using White Spirit (varsol)....with your washes !!! I hope you were able to fix those problem areas ?

Take care ....

It's ok Tank Buddy, already been covered it with pigments... I'll just use a white spirit next time, on my other kits. I'll update soon already starting with the weathering.

Since its raining for about 2 days, decided to do some weathering on my M1... right beside it a T-62 1972 trumpy, which will I finished after SMA contest, I just installed fuel lines and electrical wirings, while thinking what should be the next step on the beast.

HeadtoHead.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Latest posts

Back