DML M1A1 AIM

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Here's an my entry and update for the Big Spring Contest, I just borrowed again the camera for the WIP... comments are much appreciated and Thanks for looking guys!!!

as for now sanding and fitting, small parts have been glued, correction regarding the manual http://planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2543 its a slow start because it contains almost 750+ parts and there are options to choose...

sma1ex.jpg

sma2ex.jpg

Cool entry.

I'm not a modern armor guy per say, but I always liked the name of this tank.

;D

Thanks!!! Its also a first time for me to build a modern tank... well like what I've had read here in SMA forum, there's a fine line between a modeler and an assembler, I believe that's what ECH was quoting, but the bottom line lets have fun guys!!!

Been looking forward to seeing the Dragon Abrams built up, Id liek to add one to my stash but I want to see how it goes together first. With this and a potential Challenger II in the Armor category, I am tempted to enter my Canadian Leopard 2A6M as my second new build.

Looking at the Links you sent me... This is a very nice kit !

I heard a few Troublesome assemblies... stories but... in the End ! One of the best M1 kits out there !

Sure promise to be an Awesome addition to your collection !

Norm.

Thanks Norm!

I'm a bit of side track right now due to a cut right thumb... stupidity added, now I got a first hand experience with a surgical blade :'( lesson scrap parts to the cutting matt not to the thumb...

Guys, here's an update regarding my AIM tank, just adding a few more parts before priming, Thanks for looking!!! Happy Building to all!!!

Back
smaweek2b.jpg

Front
smaweek2.jpg

comments are very much welcome, Thanks!!!

Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere.... but is that main gun tube part of the kit or aftermarket?

Looking good so far.

Hi GalaxyChief, it comes with the kit its an optional part you can choose the styrene or the metal barrel with spring inside.

Looking good I have this kit in my stash as its my favorite tank but not had the courage to start it yet it it`s one full kit box all the added bits are superb. Good luck with the build.

Manage to squeeze sometime to work again with M1A1 AIM... since I got a tight schedule at work, all comments are welcome!

the brown smudge is I'm tryin to preshade using a TS spray can, well sadly its uncontrollable.. need to borrow a friend AB's to proceed with the preshading... did some scratch building and compared a Tamiya modern equipment... does someone has a working link regards scratching building a cooler and water jug?

101_0090.jpg

101_0092.jpg

101_0094.jpg

Thanks for looking!! cheers!!!

Cool looking build. Don't have a link for scratchbuilding those specific items but just try to break it down into basic shapes first and then add detail.

Latest posts

Back