DML M1A1 AIM

That's what I meant....... By (Doing a set!) Or making, or Selling, or Offering!

It's all good English. LOL. And the link! Was pointing right to it!

Nice of you, to point out, that you are also Offering his stuff!

Later.....

Thanks, Quaralene for a guy who a master of casting!!

Grendels, How's the Big Z, coming along? thanks!

Thanks Scott! still on a search on other forums for guides... I'll try do some miliputtin later my 16hrs shift just ended, I just need to pick myself and my brain for a few hours...

hey norm, its nothing compared to your SEP, its would crush my AIM in a jippy!!!

hi ECH, sadly it would take atleast 30 to 40 days to arrive here in my country... How's the Ocelot?

Thanks again for your kind comments guys!!!

here's an update initial pre-shading, another first for me, I manage to borrow an AB from a friend for a time being... there would be another pre-shading after this after some minor details.

guys need your opinion... should I cement the side armors? or finish the weathering of road wheels and tracks?

pre1.jpg

preshadeside.jpg

Thanks for looking!!! cheers!!!

I can't answer your question about the armor, but I like where you are going with the paint!!

Finish weathering the tracks and road wheels, then go in and do the armor.

Looking really sharp, by the way

about the Side Skirts.... if you plan having some... Removed or Opened ?? then Go nuts with the weathering in there...

If not ! and if you feel TIGHT on time ??? then you can just weather the road wheels... its a tough decision !!!

if not for a IN Person Contest !!! where they Creep in with Mirrors and Flashlight to see if you did it ???
We all know what I am talking about.... then... Do it !!!

it all comes down to YOU MUST HAVE FUN !!! either way !!! you build for yourself !!! and we like what you build !!! simple enough !!!

Take care and remember ! have fun building your Beast !

Norm....

OUT !

Thanks Myke and Grendels, Big G looking great!!

Thanks Quaralene... need more planning about the rusting of the road wheels, I'll use some pigments after the over spray is done.

Hey Norm, the side skirts should be closed as I seen in the reference pics, but need to finished the road wheels, some says its hard to weather if the side armors is permanently attached especially the trenches. I had fun and learning at the same time.

Thanks for your inspiring words guys!!! have fun and enjoy building!!!

looks great the m1a1 is one of my favorite modern tanks nice choice its coming along nicely looks great. :)

Panzerman75

Coming on very nice :)...gonna look great when finished .

Chris.

Ches! I don't want to burst your bubble but! I am almost 100% positive the M1 road wheels are Cast Aluminum! The lug nuts and bolts are most likely Steel! But the road wheels should not be all rusted!

I hope others will support my claim on this? I made a quick search and I came up with cast Alu. And other composites.....

Like I said! Not meant to burst your bubble !

Later Tank buddy!

Eastrock said:
Thanks Myke and Grendels, Big G looking great!!

Thanks Quaralene... need more planning about the rusting of the road wheels, I'll use some pigments after the over spray is done.

Hey Norm, the side skirts should be closed as I seen in the reference pics, but need to finished the road wheels, some says its hard to weather if the side armors is permanently attached especially the trenches. I had fun and learning at the same time.

Thanks for your inspiring words guys!!! have fun and enjoy building!!!

Thanks Guys for your kind comments!!! much appreciated!

Hi Norm, I base the road wheels from USMC M1's, due to the harsh Iraq weather, haven't done some over spray maybe after I'm done with the Pigments... yes the lug nuts and bolts would be stain by grease. a friend of a friend also told me it is consist of ceramic and steel, as of now he got 10 DML AIM and 6 SEP in stocks and only 3 has been build, due to a detailing fanatics. but I won't fully his steps all the way I may end up in an asylum ;D Thanks!!!

Builds lookin Great !! I'm lookin forward to th Final Paint & weathering !!! Rock it out Brotha' !!

Thats it, had to get one of these for myself. I sold a few of the kits I was offering online so I had a little bit of cash to spare, buying one from an ARC buddy for $30. :D

Yeah I hear you brother! Those new Dragon kits Rocks!

Just received my M1A2 SEP in the mail today and I am blown away! Gonna be a pleasure to build that puppy!

So! Chas? What's up with you AIM ? Any progress?

I'll have to invest an AB sooner or later for my own... its hard to borrow from someone. Here's an update regarding with my entry, done with the preshading, use finishing sand paper on the smooth area especially on the alum barrel and the side armors... as of now its bit of reddish. next stop I'll be spraying a faded Tamiya buff for the modulation... no dry brushing would be done here, I'll be spraying a thin coat of future or flat varnish to protect it for Filter wash.

101_0100.jpg

101_0101.jpg

101_0102.jpg

Thanks for looking!!! and Have Fun!!!

Latest posts

Back