AH-60L DAP Blackhawk

Great progress you got here Myke, Keep it up, I just wish I got the same endurance to work with a model of full 7 hrs.

BtW do you have a pic of the Blackhawk that crash landed in the Bin Laden compound? some guys in our local forums said the the BH is the upgraded one due to the tail end. its kinda have stealth capability.

WOOOOOOAHHHH! Thanks for mentioning that Eastrock, and thanks for the links Kie!

I did not know about that, just went on a big search and found some amazing images. Some of the renderings people have come up with are AWESOME!!! Now I'm dying to see one of them! So flippin' cool!!!!!
Maybe in couple years i can retrofit mine.

Thanks for the input !!

Thanks everyone. 3rd and final update for the night, then it's off to pickup soccer.

Got the cabin roof painted up the "tan" color that represents the sound insulation blanket color.

IMG_20110607_173646.jpg

And got the stick detialed up and ready for paint.

IMG_20110607_173507.jpg

Have a good evening/night/day everyone.

This is absolutely wonderful! Definitely a one of a kind master build!

I specifically love the textures on the seats. Could you explain how you achieved that?

WOW, thanks for all the great compliments everyone!! Really appreciate it. Really moving now on this build!!

Fruit: All I do is take some Mr. Surfacer 500, and with a stiff bristled brush, just spread it around and tap it on the surface until it gets gummy and dries that way. If needed I'll knock it down with some sandpaper. It can be repeated several times too to give it a "thicker" cushion look.

I would have made the cushions from some milliput, or green stuff, or Aves, but i want to put some figures in there at a later date and they wouldn't fit, so this texture is a nice (i think anyways) way to get that look without adding material to the seat.

Thanks for watching. I'll have another update tomorrow. Got a lot more painting done today.

MYKE,

The amount of detail is Crazy-Awesome !! WoW !! Super Awesome Eye for detail !!!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

the update was great myke!! keep it up can't wait to see the finish on this one!!

Not much of an update today. Today is "catch up on sleep day." Being on call sucks.

I got a lot of painting done today on some small parts, but nothing exciting enough to photograph.

I did managed to finish the sticks and collectives. I think they turned out all right. I would have done the head of the collective different, but there is a piece of color photo etch that goes on top.

IMG_20110609_122632.jpg

Thanks everybody for watching!

Myke

Nothing exciting enough to photograph? I believe I speak for the majority of the people who've viewed this thread when I say, any and all of the progress has been exciting! If you do have pictures of the painting you've done, I say post 'em, I know I would like to see them!

Keep up the excellent work, and I'll be waiting with popcorn and soda in hand for the next set of pictures/ updates. ;)

Just realized my one photo wasn't in the last update. Sorry about that.

Sincere thanks to Fruit and Eastrock and everyone that is watching. You folks are really awesome, and I truly appreciate the generosity and compliments from you all.

I think this will be an absolutely stunning model when it all comes together. I really like your detailing work, it's looking fantastic so far.

Days are flying by.....

Cockpit is painted and coated in future

IMG_20110613_145910.jpg

Eduards PE Belts look really good.

IMG_20110615_100248.jpg

Added them to the cockpit seats. A quick sandy wash and they are done.

IMG_20110615_100610.jpg

Three delicate pieces make up the dashboard panel. Looks amazing. Care must be taken when gluing these together. I would recomment PVA glue for this job, as it will give you some time to move things around.

IMG_20110615_103228.jpg

Back in a bit with more.

All the best.... Myke

LOL this is Awesome... LOL man that's GOOD !

Now... I can't imagine any of us trying to build that model without following in your steps...

there must be a special place in your heart for that BIRD !!!
so much details is going into it !!!

just pure pleasure to watch it falling together...

Great update and I luv those belts.. man... it will POP when installed in the cockpit !

HOOT !

keep up the good work my man !!!

later !

NORM.

Latest posts

Back