Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang, BUILDING HAS BEGUN!

Nice build. Hope your decals go well.

Only 361 kills? Hartman loses his title, Nishizawa needs practice, and Bong isn't even a contender. ;D

@TRM
got your PM bud! ;)

Gundamhead
yes 361 air kills, but remember, he is not a real fighter pilot, the real guys who are the ones who actually flew... the highest scoring ace of history Erich Hartmann got 352... only 9 less... in fact Erich Hartmann out scored Atom in the European theater, as about 20-25 of Atoms air kills where in the pacific..

you have other high scoring aces too, as you stated Richard Bong, a P-38 Pilot who flew in the pacific claimed 40 air kills to his credit, officially the highest scoring american ace of WWII... he sadly was killed test flying the P-80 Shooting star :(

@spud
through... boy i ain't done yet! Decals and there are tons of them, weathering and tons of that, and i have a Diorama planned just for her, i want to put her in a glass case so the dust stays off her, she will be my pride and joy, she is right now the most beautiful thing i have ever built. im working on Atom right now, and that was a lot of work.

in addition i am also building the Eduard hellcat XD

@MilitaryAircraft101
thank you, i have to admit i am very proud of her paint job, i was patient, and let the paint dry, and let it set, and applied coats patiently, and made sure every little strip of masking tape was good, and this is my reward, a clean paint job.

@whiskee
thanks bud, im glad you like her...

@Grendels
i am going to try... lighting her, i don't know if i can, but i will do my best, i am itching to get my hands on it, it will be a new, and welcomed experience.

Guys... i would like to apologize if i am not paying enough attention to the other posts in the Aircraft forum, but you guys got some cool stuff in there, and im popping in now and then having a look. between two model airplanes, homework, and hosting the Navy Marine group build, i got my hands full.

On another note, here is some of Atom Fusion in progress

you see i had a issue, the figure that came with the Tamiya kit, the pilot was really skinny, was wearing a pair of cacky pants, with dress shoes, his pants where over his shoes, and he was wearing a dress shirt. Atom wore a Black Leather bomber jacket, and a pair of black denom pants, bloused in black jumper boots.... his cloths would have a more volume look too them than dress cloths..

the Figure that came with the Hasagawa kit was more of atoms build, a wider face, larger eyes, bloused boots, baggier pants, leather aviator jacket... issue, the details where really off and the pilot was set together in two halves, and was really disfigured... though the Tamiya pilot was not at all atoms build, it was much better quality than the Hasegawa figure.

Tamiya figure
DSCF2284.jpg
the Tamiya standing figure not only looks too slim to be atom, but he does not have the same apparel either, atom did not have the type of hat the pilot is wearing.

the only solution i could come up with is to fix the Hasegawa pilot.

DSCF2283.jpg

DSCF2282.jpg

i used files and my modeling knife to file and carve away, bringing out the poorly molded arms, more correctly shaping the pilots boots, sanding away seem lines, adding aves or sanding or filing away where the pilot was disfigured... the parachute was basically molded into the pilots back, the pilots legs and butt where flat and square and shapeless. i carved away at his legs rounding them out, carving the shape of what should be a bottom, carved away the cheep looking parachute and re made one out of Aves... straps made from Masking tape. the pilots goggles on his cap where cheep looking and poorly molded, it will be replaced with the goggles for the Tamiya pilot. the headphone sets poorly molded into the pilots head shaved down and replaced with aves....

Your steaming along with this one aint ya,looking bloody brilliant ace. 8)

HOLY S@%%! man did my patience pay off!

And he is ready to kick some A#@ and take some names!

DSCF2286.jpg

DSCF2287.jpg

DSCF2288.jpg

he needs his woman, does anyone know where i can get some 1/32 scale girly figures? have her sitting on his lap >XD ;)

thanks guys, i touched him up a little more once his paint dried, he looks even better now.

DSCF2290.jpg

the whites of his eyes where a little smudged beyond the sockets, so i fixed his eyes... now they look more real and less like a silly Animay dude...

but guys, does anyone know where i can get him some company, preferedly female, 1/32 or 1/35th scale... she needs long hair, and in uniform.... looking all day to find him some company, i may have to scratch build him Amber.

Ace ..Masterbox and Miniart both do civilian figures ,you might find something of use ?

Chris.

they do have a Allied lady soldier set, but i am going to try making amber first, pritty much scratch made Atom. i even saw this kit on the internet, of just the body parts of a figure/figures, legs, arms, torso, head. it kind of gave me the creeps "nude figure peaces." you can make the figure stand in all sorts of happy stances and positions and stuff, WTF? reminds me of some horror show.

after days and days of waiting for paint to dry, the first decals go on, now all i need is the decals that Andy sent me and a little more weathering.... the colored paint of reds and oranges now look grungy and a little dirty, as if the airplane has flown a couple thousand missions, just the look i am trying to achieve... the decals i have applied look great, a little white though... may have to weather them up a tad, just a little, but that will go on later, i am letting things set for now, still taking my time.

can anyone ells smell burning AV Gas and gunpowder? 8)

DSCF2299.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

DSCF2296.jpg

Ace , you didn't get them? the tracking shows.

Package Delivered, October 06, 2011, 11:37 am

they may be outside the door somewhere ? ohh no , don't let them get damp

Latest posts

Back