Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang, BUILDING HAS BEGUN!

RocketSilo said:
Ace , you didn't get them? the tracking shows.

Package Delivered, October 06, 2011, 11:37 am

they may be outside the door somewhere ? ohh no , don't let them get damp

they are at home waiting for me XD

It's looking great,nice job,dont you just hate waiting for stuff to arrive.

@john, decals applied, just have to wait for them to set, a coat of future will finish everything off really nicely, i have noticed that i forgot a few things, and i sill have to add the antenna, and the Landing Lights... but yes, all i had to do was wait for the decals

@Java
i hate waiting for things, when thats all you need to finish the job is that one little thing, and its done... now the decals are over thank god.

DSCF2300.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

the camera does no justice for the weathering on this aircraft, every pannel line on the orange and red is basically given a weathering wash... to give the aircraft the look of being flown mission... after mission... after mission...

DSCF2302.jpg
the decals look nice, the cross and american flag and spades literally have a painted on look, when future is applied, they will literally look like they have been painted onto the aircraft as if i applied mycrosol, and for some of them i only used a tad bit of microset... my only complaint is Amber pinup on the side looks a little pixely, and sort of blends in with the rest of the airplane, something i can try to fix later with a thin coat of flesh paint... i will not lie, the hardest time i had is with the "Ace Of Spades" lettering logo on the side just below the cockpit, my falt, not Andys... i chose to drink Mountain dew... DUU MEEE!! i literally used every last one trying to get them on, and in the end i had to fill in one of the A's part way too finish, it buy hand painting.

i give andy a big fat thumbs up for the decals, good job!

DSCF2303.jpg
the 1/48th scale Ace Of Spades P-51 is dwarfed buy this beautiful doll... and my improved skills have also shown, the paint job on the Ace Of Spades 1/48th scale is not near to par... as the 1/32, my attention to detail is paying off... one little step at a time, and later on, it will come together, and be finished soon enough...

the smell of AV gas and Gunpowder now fill the air thickly.... 8)

She looks really good, but more resembles a racer from Reno, than a WWII warbird.
I'm just sayin'.
;D

Wow, Dan, what a huge difference between the two models!

And not only in size! 8) ... ;)
RG

looks great Ace , and like you mentioned, the silver of the barbwire cross really stands out!

yea I couldn't help with there being some dithering on the pinup, they don't make a skintone cartridge so I had to switch to normal printing for her skin, just no way around it.

Looks cool ,she's a big plane !

Awesome job Ace! Gee, your skills are getting better and better. Each of your builds is outdoing the last. Excellent work Dude!

I agree, your best work yet. And maybe your quickest? You completed this in record time. Congratulations on the finish.

@Quaralane
she has come out really nice... not perfect but what is perfect, i am pleased...

@ModelMakerMike
well, she does not have the cut back wing span...

@spud
indeed she does look fine...

@Jelly
i would say so too, my skillset has improved considerably by what i understand.

@RocketSilo
your decals really made her shine....

@fumblethumbs
thank you, i do believe my skills are improving, the biggest thing i needed to learn was patience...

@java
sure is good paint work, at least i think, its a little rough in some places, but that could easily be fixed and is not that bad anyhow.

@Myke
best, yes... quickest, NO..... back in the day i would have had this thing slapped together in a pile of plastic peaces with glue and paint, now... its a thing of beauty...

@CTspeedshop
thanks, im glad i did right this time....

she now proudly sits on the shelf looking over the room

DSCF2304.jpg

Latest posts

Back