Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang, BUILDING HAS BEGUN!

WOW, great build AND a history lesson. Only here at SMA folks!
Oh and I think Grendels just made 40 bucks for you mentioning Aves.

Myke said:

its good stuff..

well i looked everything over, and there is nothing more that i can build... so earlier i added a coat of Grey Valejo primer, and it really went on nicely... then that dried good, i put on the first coat of red paint from Testors, and i really experience the difference between good paint and crappy paint. Valejo is miles ahead of Testors... i have to be carful with Testors or i will compleetly fudge up this project,

Myke said:

LOL!!! I wish I did.....

Good work Ace!

Myke said:
Did you use the Testors MM Enamel? or the Acryl stuff?

Testors Enamil... i just need to work out the mix of thinner, too thick and it sucks, it gets a bunch of brush lines and clumps, something i had issues with the origional 1/48th scale Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang #3, then does not apply evenly... i have got the right mix now... but it still going take a while.

this will give you guys a chance to catch up if i have been going too fast, each line and stripe is going too take a good 4 hours to dry at the least... right now i have a layer of red and a tidbit of orange in some spots, i also have the prop hub masked, already painted dark red, and its ready to receive its silver stripe later.

you know... spray bombs are not that expensive....~ would make your life a whole lot easier !

that trying to paint such a large model by hand... just saying !

keep working at her.... you have her almost done !!!

IMHO the best paint to hand brush on a model is Humbrol Especially the gloss paint they level out magically with no thinning. I really love that paint

Neo said:
IMHO the best paint to hand brush on a model is Humbrol Especially the gloss paint they level out magically with no thinning. I really love that paint

The best enamel to handbrush may be Humbrol, but it is by far the best paint for handbrushing, Vallejo has that locked up hard, and don't even talk to me about he Humbrol acrylics....

I would have to agree with schweinhund227....for you mail color I would go pick up a spray bomb of the color you want to paint it...make your life so much easier. Then you just have to mask off the lines and hand paint those. Heck....you could mask off the lines and spray those as well on something that large.

The air brush I sent you has a can adapter.....

Canned air isn't that expensive. Most big box hobby shops sell them.

Elm City Hobbies said:
The best enamel to handbrush may be Humbrol, but it is by far the best paint for handbrushing, Vallejo has that locked up hard, and don't even talk to me about he Humbrol acrylics....

I would have to agree with schweinhund227....for you mail color I would go pick up a spray bomb of the color you want to paint it...make your life so much easier. Then you just have to mask off the lines and hand paint those. Heck....you could mask off the lines and spray those as well on something that large.

Yeah i hear good thing about vallejo but im not a fan of acrylics i prefer the finish of enamels

Neo said:

i want that paint so... bad.

Grendels said:
The air brush I sent you has a can adapter.....

Canned air isn't that expensive. Most big box hobby shops sell them.

Didn't bring it with me, never heard of canned air... what is that?

schweinhund227 said:
you know... spray bombs are not that expensive....~ would make your life a whole lot easier !

that trying to paint such a large model by hand... just saying !

keep working at her.... you have her almost done !!!

are spray bombs Rattle can?

Neo said:
Yeah i hear good thing about vallejo but im not a fan of acrylics i prefer the finish of enamels

bro, that's too bad , so many of the modern weathering techniques use acrylics
they have majorly advanced from 10 years ago,

Ok, I'm new around these parts, so maybe a this is a dumb question, but I googled "Atom Fusion" and came up with goose eggs. Well, there was plenty of actual atom fusion of the scientific variety, but nothing that had anything to do with the images you posted or the back story. Is this something of your own creation?

The -51 is coming along nicely!

Latest posts

Back