Academy SB2C-4 HELLDIVER

Thanks for the great comments guys!

And here are some photos of the model (the camera made the royal blue look a little lighter in most of the pics):

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

Austin

Nice job Austin, your pre-shade looks good, those panel lines came out well.

8)

Very nice work Austin. Looks sharp. The preshading and the dive brakes look great.

Looks great! I agree, you did a nice job getting that shading to show through the dark paint. And the brakes were a very nice touch. Good work!

Thanks for the reply, Austin! I've used Windex to clean the brush, but haven't yet tried it as a solvent for acrylics, I'll have to try.

I agree with the others, you've got a nice effect going on the panel lines. And the wash for the dive brakes was a good touch. The Army used red for the interior on the dive brakes, too, on their versions of the SBD (A-24 Banshee, they called it), and the SB2C (which was the A-25, to the Army, using the same name as earlier ground attack planes from Curtiss--the Shrike).

Excellent paintwork Austin! Nice technique on the flaps. My Dauntless is about ready for paint...What's your mailing address?? ;D

WOW! :eek: Excellent job all the way around here Austin. The greenhouse looks flawless! Great little dio scene. Bravo Dude! Can't wait to see what you get up to for your next build.

Edit (sp)

Myke said:
Great work man. Congratulations on the finish..., looks really pro.
Quaralane said:
Looks really good, Austin
fumblethumbs said:
WOW! :eek: Excellent job all the way around here Austin. The greenhouse looks flawless! Great little dio scene. Bravo Dude! Can't wait to see what you get up to for your next build.

Edit (sp)

Thanks guys!

Just finished watching your big finish video Austin, great job! The dio looks great, and works well to display both of your pacific birds.

Jason (JMac)

Latest posts

Back