Academy RQ-7B UAV

Deere_driver

This thing should probably only count as half an entry, but maybe I can get it finished on time! ;D I've got a couple more once I wrap this one up.

IMG_02981_zpsbeqvlzce.jpg

IMG_02991_zpskdzahtso.jpg

It really just has about 12 parts. I won't be doing the figures, just the aircraft. More to follow!

Making some progress here. I've got the fuselage and tail booms together and a little painting done on the various components for the engine.

IMG_03001_zpscg5wh0xi.jpg

So far so good. Just a little filler and sanding needed in a few spots.

I'm making some progress on this little guy. Assembly is pretty much done except the nose gear and pitot tube. I've filled seams along the leading edge of the wings and rescribed prominent panel lines on the fuselage. Just a little more cleanup and it's time for paint! :D

image.jpg1_zpslc6ys074.jpg

image.jpg2_zpspgzzhkxz.jpg

Thanks G. I primed the other night and found several areas needing more work. Now I'm refilling some of the gaps on the wings. Hopefully on to paint this weekend.

It does come with the figures. I'm not planning on doing them for the contest. The decals for their camo look like they could be a bear to get right, and I'm not good at figure painting.

I've had about a 10 day interruption while we painted, carpeted, and added new furniture to the office/hobby room. Hopefully I'll make some progress in the next couple of days as we just about have the renovation wrapped up.

Missed the start of this one....nice work on the UAV so far!! Keep up the god work!! ;D

Latest posts

Back